Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
Utah
Hello! I am Jess, I am 24. I have even married to my amazing husband for 7 years we have 2 beautiful children a 5 year old daughter and a 2 year old son. I have been in pain for a long time, since I was about 10 everything has always hurt. I hav been diagnosed with POTS (postural orthistatic tachycardia syndrome) severe anxiety, depression, and PTSD. I have a great GP but after years of him misdiagnosing me with many things I feel like he has given up. He diagnosed me with endometriosis which I had surgery for that landed me in ICU because I would stop having seizures. That lasted for 6 months before they went away and nobody knows why. Luckily I am now 5 months seizure free! After that ordeal I came back to him asking what else could this constant unrelenting horrible pain could be and he referred me to a therapist. 😑 I am so upset. I can't get anyone to understand how horrible I feel 24/7. I am ALWAYS tired and ALWAYS in pain. Yes some days are better than others but this is still not normal. I feel like I am 90 years old! I just don't know where t go next or what I need to do to get some help! It is so depressing to feel like this. Sometimes I think maybe he is right maybe I am crazy! It has to all be in my head! If my doctor doesn't believe In it maybe he is right. Other times I am pissed that he doesn't believe me. I am pissed that doctors don't take me seriously. I am pissed that a mean old man doctor told me that my generation is just weak and everyone has bed days and little aches and pains and to suck it up and stop being a victim. This pain is real all of my symptoms are real. I read a list of 60+ fibromyalgia symptoms and I had EVERY SINGLE ONE. My husband was the one who read the list to me and he was like OMG baby this is hat you have! He knew it just as much as I did. He still doesn't get why some days I lay in bed and cry from the pain. I don't think people without this horrible illness can even begin to imagine how it is. But he tried so hard. He takes such good care of me. My sweet kids know mommy is sick they can sense when it's a bad flare day and they are will snuggle me and bring me snacks and play doc mcstuffins with me so I can rest. Bless their little hearts. It's bad enough dealing with fibromyalgia but being a mommy and dealing with all the guilt and stress about not being able to be the mom I want to be makes it so much harder. I am ad they lov m anyways. If anyone has any tips on how to find a good doctor who can help me I would love to hear them! Also any tips on natural ways to help me would be awesome too! I will try anything at this point I am desperate! Since today is thanksgiving I have to say I am very thankful for this group and for my family for helping me so much! God bless you all! ❤️

Hi Jess. Im sorry for all that you are dealing with right now. We all know how hard it can be dealing with doctors, especially when they are no longer listening to us. It's wonderful to hear about your lovely family. I'm in the process of deciding if I want to continue with my current Dr. It's not an easy thing. Just know we are all here for you.
Welcome,
Sylvia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back