DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2003
Country
US
State
MI
Hello -

I have been dealing with FMS for many years now. I have typically lived in a dryer state at a higher altitude. I have been priced out of the city where I lived and now have to find a new home. My mother would like me to live closer to her, but the area where she lives is not going to work. Too cloudy for me and I need more sun.

I thought NC would be a good compromise. I really like the Asheville area, though it is expensive too, but I could get more for my money there rent wise and probably not be priced out as fast as in Denver. I thought I would try it out though while I figure other things out possibly.

But when I was there, it rained on and off for a couple of days, and I developed a pressure headache and a pain flare up. When I got out of there to dryer ground, it subsided. Here in SE Michigan, there was a three-day period of rain and clouds and I was in terrible pain with a bad migraine.

I used to live in NE Ohio and remember being in more pain there than I ever was living in Colorado later on.

I really want to try living in NC - Asheville or maybe the Triangle area but I am so worried about pain flare ups and being miserable as a result. I also have a TMJ injury that really flared up on me as well. The storm pressure caused swelling in that area that even my mother could see by looking at me.

So I guess I am asking here if anyone has moved to an area where there are more low pressure systems and more humidity and if your body has acclimated over time or if you had to move eventually somewhere dryer. I love moisture in the air and greenery. I can deal with heat and humidity, but it's the sudden barometric pressure changes and rain that sort of gets to me.

I'm worried about going somewhere and taking out a year's lease and being miserable. But I want to try something new as well and I like that part of NC.

Thanks,
Katelyn

I did, I was for a few weeks in the north of the Netherlands and woah...! Well, I did feel well pain-wise, but came back home with a bunch of new things. Getting used to that climate is hard, it's so moist over there! They say summer over there feels like being in a tropical island or a Brazilian jungle! Super rainy as well... I might need to get used to that if I move there, no idea how long it can take, but I think the place where you are going is way less humid and less rainy! So I think you will be ok.

Hi Trellum. Glad you liked it over there and it sounds like the stress of travel would flare up things alone by the time you got back. It is going to rain for a few days where I am now and I am going to see how I do. I get a sort of trial living in Michigan for now. I might decide to just go there and do a six month lease so I am not stuck for a year if it doesn't work out and I get really miserable with pain. Thanks for the response. I think it is not as bad in Asheville either as it can get in SE Michigan with the surrounding great lakes. Supposedly the mountains break up some of the systems in AVL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back