Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
I noticed that people on this forum keep mentioning acupressure. Does anybody use an acupressure mat? What works for you with this mat? Suggestions? Thoughts?

people on this forum keep mentioning acupressure. ... an acupressure mat? What works for you ...? Suggestions? Thoughts?
I s'pose I'm the main one here - self-acupressure daily and acupressurist twice a week for 1.5y... both successfully.
People've suggested a mat a few times and it helps some to varying degree.
To me it seems too unspecific and also too intense for my sensitive skin to even bother trying it. (Some put something in between to make it less intense... Or wait till they're less sensitive.)
Any new symptoms I look up the various specific acupressure points for and that usually helps.

Last edited:
no mat for me, either..
I use a small "theracane", not the big one most are familiar with, but then, the trigger points I am after are very specific and i know where they are, and how hard to work them.

My husband bought an acupressure mat but was too sensitive to it and stuffed it in the closet. I pulled it out and have been using it for the last 3 nights and it's brilliant! I've been so sick with this ear infection (which is gone now) and couldn't sleep. So I laid the mat out on our bed with a heating pad on a pillow for under my knees. I laid on it with a bare back. It hurt enough that it seemed to 'scramble' my brain receptors so they stopped signaling for my entire body to be in pain and instead just focused only on the pain in my back. About 4 minutes later endorphins kicked in and the pain turned to warmth. After 20 minutes I rolled off and I was asleep in 10-15 minutes. It has knocked out every night. I even slept 7 1/2 hours straight last night. This is a record. So yes it does hurt but I think I will continue especially if it gets me to sleep. Woo-hoo!

I noticed that people on this forum keep mentioning acupressure. Does anybody use an acupressure mat? What works for you with this mat? Suggestions? Thoughts?
I do (ProsourceFit mat and pillow from Amazon). I find it very relaxing and try to use it for 10-15 minutes before I go to bed. Sometimes I fall asleep on it. I use it on the floor and with bare skin. If you have sensitive skin, you might want to start with it on your bed with clothing on and go from there. I also try to walk/stand on it throughout the day.

It has knocked out every night. I even slept 7 1/2 hours straight last night. This is a record. So yes it does hurt but
Wow! Tempting!
Don't think I've ever managed more than 2x3h straight last night since fibro.
However it's no longer pain that's waking me up, so not sure if this is right for me.
Same as weighted blankets - seem to be great for some, terrible for me after about 30-60'.
But you've put it in a succinct way, and everything's different, so...
About 4 minutes later endorphins kicked in and the pain turned to warmth.
I can well relate to that.
(The other day stroking my thighs helped the pain, praps similar to how a TENS works.)

ProsourceFit mat and pillow
eBay and their own website too, possibly cheaper, for those like me that don't support the Big A.
Thanks for you details how you use it!

I have the mat but not the pillow. I will order one. Thank you!

eBay and their own website too, possibly cheaper, for those like me that don't support the Big A.
Thanks for you details how you use it!
Just woke up after using the mat (same....lay on it for 20 minutes). At first while lying on the mat I tried to scroll through my phone. Well that doesn't work. Your brain is fully overstimulated and it's just too much. So I put the phone down and just focused on breathing and happy thoughts. I ended up with a full 8 hour sleep! I will keep on using the mat and will buy the acupressure pillow.

At first while lying on the mat I tried to scroll through my phone. Well that doesn't work. Your brain is fully overstimulated and it's just too much. So I put the phone down and just focused on breathing and happy thoughts.
Ah, thanks - I find it very helpful to hear "side effects" to see if they're something I could live with. With that I could!! :D
A very positive side effect! :ROFLMAO:
Also as always I'd be starting low and going slow. 🐢 Maybe a minute or two is perfect for me for something... ⏲️

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back