fibromama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
SWAMPSCOTT
Hi,

I am curious if anyone has tried acupuncture for their fibromyalgia. I had three treatments and saw a drastic improvement in my shoulder and arm pain but sadly it was too expensive me to keep up the treatments.

I have not tried acupuncture. It is something I would try if I could afford it. I know that it can really help some people. I am sorry to hear that you could not keep up with the treatments-especially since you were finding that it was helpful.

I have not tried acupuncture. It is something I would try if I could afford it. I know that it can really help some people. I am sorry to hear that you could not keep up with the treatments-especially since you were finding that it was helpful.

You too can try acupuncture, it is not much costly as you think. There are many acupuncture places around the country, which treat the diseases in affordable rate.

Hi,

I am curious if anyone has tried acupuncture for their fibromyalgia. I had three treatments and saw a drastic improvement in my shoulder and arm pain but sadly it was too expensive me to keep up the treatments.
The insurance I have, Federal Government Standard BCBS, covers 24 visits per calendar year 100%. I am incredibly fortunate for that part of my health benefits. Acupuncture has made a world of difference for me and my FM symptoms. I would say I have gone from 20% to anywhere from 40% to 70%. There have even been a three days in the past 2 years where I actually had no pain. It was amazing. I also have an amazing acupuncturist though so I think that has been a huge help for me. I would strongly suggest you try it if possible.

I've been seeing one 2 times a week for the past month. It feels great, it is helping with pain, and it has helped my sleep issues. I feel like it's always temporary pain relief, though. I can't say I've improved a lot with fibro problems, though it's sorta hard to say if I would have gotten worse without it, but I will say that it helped tremendously with my menstrual pain (my pain was so severe that my gynocologist wanted to test me for endometriosis by doing a surgery to look inside my body to see if I had it.) I didn't have to take pain pills to deal with it during my last cycle. Amazing!

I have to say that acupuncture is a life saver for me, and has worked wonders especially for the constant numbness & tingling I was having in my arms/hands legs/feet. If you can find the right acupuncturist it is the key, make sure he/she "listens" to your symptoms & takes notes each session to see how you are doing with the treatments. I have been having "bird pecking "treatments past 2 months , where the needles don't stay in she just pokes the areas , I was skeptical at first but it WORKS ! It is expensive I try to go twice a month $55 a treatment.
good luck !

Hi,

Yes, I did, but I couldn't go on for the same reason. I do believe acupuncture can make a huge difference, because my mom was unable to get pregnant, until she went to see a doctor specializing in acupunture... some months later she conceived my sister!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back