Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Ind
State
Punjab
Is Acupuncture successful treatment for reduce chronic pain?

I've been getting acupuncture for four years for my fibromyalgia pain. It has changed my life. Before acupuncture I was at my wits end and did not know what else I could do to control my pain. I was not suicidal but I did have a suicide plan in case I couldn't take it any longer. I don't have a suicide plan anymore because I don't need one. Pain no longer controls my day to day life. I am now working with my pain doctor to get off narcotic pain medication because I really think I can get by without it now. I don't know where I would be now if I had not started acupuncture treatments. In addition to my pain I have inflammatory bowel disease and depression. Those conditions have also been greatly controlled due the acupuncture.

The one thing that sucks is that here in the US it is hard to get acupuncture covered by insurance and it can get expensive.

For me first time it work reduce pain in my neck and 1 year later it is no longer work, suck. before go to sleep, take hot bath. Trust me it helped. My family think i am crazy take a bath at night. Suck! I have urination problem and impoten that i didnt know the solution. I male age 29. Started to have fibro symtom when i was in high school.

Acupuncture CAN help a lot, I've done it off and on for years.....did it straight for 10 weeks at one point, once a week but backed off. I will go back to it. Gets stagnent blood moving and wakes up the ENERGY fields.... I deal with OA too so it's a bag of stuff....a messed hip replacement too. Lots of complications from that hip job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back