Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2010
Country
US
State
AR
Ok I’m a new member and I’m just going to put this out here because I feel like maybe it is a good place to discuss.

I was diagnosed in 2010, it was a really bad year. Then three years later I went through a divorce. We had been married 10 years. I really didn’t know who I was or what to do so I had a mid life crisis. I ended up falling for a guy and gaining a drug addiction to meth. Yes meth at 35yrs old!

I felt so good for a long time then all the social issues with it came, then depression got worse, then I used more.

I was clean for almost two years and have started back. I feel this time I’m only using it to self medicate and I’m doing a better job controlling the negative side effects.

Anyone else have the same issues?

My biggest problem with fibromyalgia isn’t the pain for me it’s the fatigue and ADD.

I was a nurse and mother of four and could juggle a million things but now I feel like a lunatic that can’t get from one end of town to the other without having a panic attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not alone when it comes to addiction. I think a lot of people struggle with addiction in one form or another.

I know for me, depression and addiction can go hand-in-hand, one leading and feeding the other.

If you have time, reading about CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) can be a blessing for both addiction, choices and to resolve depression.

While fibromyalgia may make life difficult and painful at times, any effort to resolve depression will surely lead to improvements with overall mental health as well as giving you the power and confidence to resolve your addiction and dependency issues.

I have done CBT, that was the result of two years. Honestly it helped with a lot of underlying issues that I had and did not even realize were issues. Codependency being the main one. But yes there is a but, all of that doesn’t help me focus, it doesn’t give me energy. Why have we came this long with Fibro and only have medication approved for the pain symptoms? I take cymbalta and that’s it. I do not want to be tied down to pain meds. I tolerate the pain but the fatigue and add along with anxiety is debilitating for me. And if even mention anything like this to any physician around here they immediately want to put me into rehab without fixing the reason I use in the first place. This time it is a choice just like taking my cymbalta out of the pill bottle is a choice.

Are you able to manage any type of exercise? I think there's a lot of science that shows expending energy on exercise can drastically improve the ability to be attentive and focus.

I know when I don't get much exercise and I'm stationary for long periods of time or days, I tend to get racing thoughts and it's difficult to concentrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back