Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
IRL
State
Cork
I am 22 and was diagnosed just over a year ago. I have just begun my final year of college and I am in so much pain and totally exhausted. I have never been this bad before and I don't know what to do I am so frustrated. I am really tried to help myself I started improving my diet and have been doing half an hour of yoga almost every day but now I'm not even able for that. I don't know what I can do to help. Any advice?

Best advice I can give you is to first you have to try to reduce your stress, anxiety, or unresolved problems as much as you can. It took me very long time to do so but after i've got most of them to the much controllable level everything is slowly manageable . Cause when I was stressing and looping anxiety , and panic do to the worries and fear over everything including all of my conditions, traumas, and illnesses. My fibro was at the the worse and I felt like there was no way out. I quickly realized that nothing can be fix unless I completely clear my own mental problems first before my life problem. Which I had a lots, some I didn't even know I had. Some I didn't know I was still holding on. I am now have been completely weening my self out all prescriptions and completely mapping out all my symptoms. It was tough and because it tooks me too long to realized the real problems that I had I ended up losing everything in life simply because I was trying to holding on to everything . I don't wish to see that happen to anyone else ever. If you have to take a break to make that happen , do it cause for the long run it will save you much more time and heartaches than I did. Planing far ahead for your future including the career choices. We don't know if there will be cure for fibro in near future that can guarantee. But once your mind are much stronger to handle everything that fibro might throws at you. Your doctor will also have much easier time to fixing you up. Fibromyalgia is life altering so altering your life might be the best way to fight it.

I completely agree. I felt like I worked through all those issues I even went abroad for the summer to take time out and help improve my condition and I really thought things were improving. I guess not but thank you so much for your advice

Believe me I thought so many times that I've fixed my mental issue or had enough breaks to give me a leg up , but till today I still find a lot more to fix as I goes. It's not like there's a true magic pill to make all pains completely goes away without any set back and side effects . I can only manipulate my own mind to push through or making it so I'll feel at ease and relax enough to keep the pains as minimum as I could. I have a lot of supporting words from many people on this site who I owe much gratitude for for helping me through all the crisis not just the physical pains , such as a grief from my mom who passed , my MDD episode, my panic disorder that was constantly trapped me in constant fears, my scary hallucinations ( i didn't even need drugs to get hallucinated) , temporary blindness, def, or mute that I was just experienced Vocal cord dysfunction till yesterday woohoo! I can speak again!. Everyone fibromyalgia are different than another so it's very reassuring to be able to find people who might experiencing the same and with their words can help you through even the toughest situations. So be strong and keep connecting to people in here and out there, receive whatever help you can get , try new things, get creative , and stay possitive , cause It's a long road a head and it's help not travel alone. :wink:

So pleased you have your voice back Tipnatee..

welcome little chef i hope you find some support and help here.....have you tried any form of medication to help reduce your symptoms.

Maybe right now the yoga is too much for you...try gentle stretches and warm epsom baths.

Its so tough to have this illness at any age but you are so young my heart goes out to you.

Last edited:
Yes I am on 100mg of sertrlan. I did much more intense yoga over the summer and it helped not hindered. I guess I just have too many things to try and balance so I'm just going to have to pace myself and try to take better care of myself. Thank you.

What often helps is not to compare my before and now. We all do it of course....we think 'damn, I could walk for an hour a year ago, look at me now, getting tired just after 10 minutes'. Of course this thought is very natural, but once you start to dwell on it, it becomes a downer - mentally and physically.

So accepting that right now your body needs you to take it easy helps me personally. I try to be happy with the things I can do, not be unhappy about the things I can't. I am always happy I can take a shower - a shower means the world to me. Or that I could cook a meal, or maybe do a load of laundry. Or on very bad days, that I could get out of bed to go online to read the news. This is also one of the reasons why I stay away from social media - seeing posts of the 'rest of the world' (it sure feels that way) having fun, traveling, getting married, being 'oh so happy and active' puts me down, so I simply stay away.

Thank you. I am still trying to keep up with the rest of the world and act normal but I think it's time for the people around me to see just how much I am struggling. I've been putting too much pressure on myself for too long so people around me think ya she has fibromyalgia but it doesn't effect her that much when actually it has a huge impact on my life.

When I was first diagnosed with fibro I was very secretive about my pains and feeling before and I was trying to hold on to " I'm still capable and still the best at what I do" attitude . However it was only leaded to disappointment at my self, feeling like the rug kept get pulling off from under me everywhere I turned. It took me a while to realized that it wasn't a great way to live. I need to get real . Love your self before anybody else they said cause it's the only way for other to learn how to understand the way you wish them to be, and not the way they think they did. Communication that's another problem, I was totally sucked at it at first. So many time it didn't come out right. I've to learned to try to see it from other people's perspective before I speak, since brain on fibro can be easily misunderstood . Like when others try to give me an intervention simply because I kept forgetting their birthdays and their important events ( oh boy did that went well lol ) . It will take a while, but it's a good start!.

Thank you so much I think I am slowly getting better at communicating it will just take me some time. I hope the people around you start to understand how much you are going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back