ADVISE blood test, had anyone heard of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefullyyours

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/2020
Country
US
State
FL
Hey all!! Well after an internest said one yr ago I may have a small case of Fibromyalgia with minor pain n weakness in arms, I now after simply gettin up off the floor and tryin to do some streches, have major weakness and heavyness in legs like u wouldn't believe! Next day spread to my arms, now shoulder n back heavy!! After fine emg testing and mri of brain, my neurologist sent me to a 2nd rhumatolgist who ordered an advanced blood test called advise test for auto immune issues. Does anyone here have a positive Antinuclear antibody test and Ssa positive? The rhum dr said my symptoms dont sound like fibro cuz weakness isnt a symptom!?!?!? Whatda!?? Anyway, my main symptoms are heavyness and just bending over shavin my legs 5seconds. felt like my thighs ran a marothin next day!!

ps, been 3months of just gettin up off the couch feelin like im 500lbs... never lets up much Can't walk up the stairs,.each one is an effort! Even bending down is an effort! All of this was instigated by tryin to start yoga and gettin up off the floor! Makes NO sense!! Physical therapist said hed Google it cuz he was clueless as well

Did you get your test done? I've been on a long journey trying to rule out all the bad stuff. I had the AVISE CTD test done in September. All came back negative except I still have a very low positive ANA. Fibromyalgia is strange because no two people are the same. I have muscle fatigue but not weakness. My muscles will sometimes feel like I got a good workout in but sadly that's not the case.

Heyy! 17th i get results! Do u also have a positive SSA as well as ANA? I do!!

Fibromyalgia is strange because no two people are the same.
That's what so tricky about it. Sometimes, you just can't base your symptoms on others. It's critical to get the best doctor for you as they also differ in their approach.

Hi,
Did your test come back?
Im diagnosed with both Fibromyalgia and CFS/ME.
Many uk Dr’s don’t acknowledge the CFS/ME but do Fibromyalgia. I was actually diagnosed CFS/ME (severe weakness and like you describe, plus a load of other stuff) by a Neurologist and Fibromyalgia by both GP and a Professor Rheumatologist.
There are some cross over symptoms in both it seems 🤔 from what sufferers describe.
The Rheumy said my ANA was slightly raised but not enough for concern and some people can have a slightly raised result anyway (urgh...if it’s raised would think there a reason eh).
I don’t know if my message is any help, hope so.
x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back