Not open for further replies.

Emma74

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2019
Country
UK
Hi all. I'm new to this group so please bear with me. I was diagnosed 3 years ago but have only just come across this page. I have been suffering lately with chronic pain in my left arm, it feels like there are bricks on it but also when it's straight it feels like it's being pulled. I can't get comfortable in bed with it either. I take medication but nothing is working. Advice greatly received. Thank you 😊

Hi Emma74 and welcome - nothing to bear with, we're happy for any new people to pop in, quite a lot at the moment actually! :)
Some people like putting everything down to fibro. I like to target all local pains individually - and it works for me.
Your description is nice and exact, that's a good start. Bricks sounds like muscles, pulled like their tendons.
I'm usually successful with youtube videos, here looking for 'arm pain exercises', not necessarily the first,
but doesn't usually take long to find one that rings a bell.
Other youtube ideas would be acupressure, self-myofascial release.
Only if you can't find anything there I'd look for good gentle physiotherapists to have a go.

Hi Emma74,
I also have left arm pain most of the time. For me it’s caused by osteophytes and a cyst pressing against the nerves in my spinal cord. I’ve been diagnosed with peripheral neuropathy. If you haven’t had an injury recently, it would be a good idea to see a physiatrist or orthopedist to diagnose the problem. A physiatrist can order physical therapy if needed. Hope it feels better soon!

Thank you for the reply. I was told today that I now have arthritis in my shoulder which is making my arm painful. I have so much arthritis and what with having fibromyalgia everything is so much more painful

I also have arm pain in my left arm, and sometimes it's both. It comes and goes but this time it's been there for weeks on end. Not too bad if I don't lift them up but when I do it's like someone punched me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back