dillonsmom

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
NH
Hope we are all having a good day! :-D

Was wondering if anyone drinks Aleo vera? I heard its good for inflamation.

Laura

Hi Laura! I heard something similar about the juice I'm currently drinking (cactus juice - AKA ''nopal'' juice). It's a quite gross juice... the texture is really... slimy! but it works well keeping my glucose levels at bay. I heard this juice is good for inflamation too, I've heard the same about aloe vera... you make your own or buy a processed one? I used to drink one made by Nature's Sunshine, but it was super bitter. I also tried the Omnilife one, that one was really pleasant, but I didn't notice a huge difference.

I had never heard of this. How does this help and where would you get something like that? How does it taste? Is it easy going down? I have a pretty bad gag reflex, so I'm hoping it would be smooth and taste okay.

Hope we are all having a good day! :-D

Was wondering if anyone drinks Aleo vera? I heard its good for inflamation.

Laura

I wonder if this is the same juice I heard a friend with IBS talking about... I can't recall exactly but I do think it was aloe vera.

Anyhow, bottom line is that she ended up dumping it all because after researching (again, not sure what kind of juice it was) the health risks outweighed the possible benefits in her way of thinking.

Do you think it was the same product? Have you heard of risks associated with that kind of juice? I know that aloe vera is good for things like burns, so maybe it's another ingredient that was questionable? Sure wish I'd remember, but I'll keep checking this thread to see if anyone knows.

I drink Aloe Juice! I drink the product that is manufactured and distributed by Herbalife as they include it as part of their regime. Their taste is fantastic, almost like a sweet/flavored water. I would not say that I noticed any incredible benefit from using it, but I also have not had any recent issues with digestion, upset stomach, etc. which has been the intent of taking it.

Drinking the pure aloe gel can help with IBS yes. The aloe plant it self is anti-inflammatory, anti fungal and has many other features of it. With over 200 species only 4 species would have a major effect if used, so don't think that any aloe juice or gel you drink may help, depends on which one was used.

I have someone I know of who supplies these products which has helped one of my friends, she uses the products daily now and she says it has given her back her life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there, I take alovera juice for my gastritis...find it helps a lot, especially if I'm having a flare-up. I buy "Lilly of the Dessert"...no real flavour to it...pretty much like drinking water. Not sure if its sold where u are though.

Every morning I mix up a "Greens First" brand shake (water and organic vegetable/ mineral powder.) I buy it from my chiropractor. I've been adding aloe juice to this mix and it does seem to help with my inflammation levels. I know Dr. Oz made a huge deal about all the positive effects it has in your body. I can't say for sure what it's doing for me, but I've had less skin trouble and inflammation over all since drinking the shake every morning.

Some brands taste nasty, while others taste mild. I won't drink it unless it's raw and organic (I don't consume sugar.) Mixed in with the shake I can't really taste it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back