Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
GE
State
Berlin
I'm so tired of people who do not have any empathy at all. My GP has called me today to ask me why I hadn't called him to make another appointment. He said I was lazy and didn't want to get better. I hadn't called him, since he hasn't done anything to help, other than telling me to start going to the gym. He wants me to come in every week, but all he does is make me feel guilty for not being healthy enough to do as much as other people:( It's very hard on days like these, because I've got enough on my plate as is and don't need my GP to make life harder.
Sometimes I feel like doctors just want to make maximum profit through minimal amount of work.

Tigressa sorry to hear about your Dr. Just because they have a degree does not mean that they get it. Some dr.s are just clueless. Hope todat is a better day. Good luck.

I wonder what he is expecting to see every week, that seems like a lot.

You do what you need to do for yourself, to take care of yourself, and feel as well as you can. Please don't fall into that guilt trap because there is nothing good in there. It just adds stress that you don't need.

Maybe it's time to look for another opinion? Some doctors can be less cooperative than others, and there's no harm in looking to switch.

I understand how you feel. I am not real pleased with my doctor of late and also got tired of seeing him every three months for no reason. It used to be you went to your doctor when you were ill. Now the doctors want patients to come by every three months like clockwork. I told mine I would come once every six months, and if I needed to I would make a appointment. He was none to pleased, but I can use the extra money to get my eyes checked or go to the foot doctor.

Sounds like you need another doctor. I would be mad if my doctor said I was just lazy and did not want to get better. Better, my gosh, that is what we all pray for to happen. Good luck in whatever you do. :)

i am having the same issue with my doc. only i get to see her once a month or so. i can only have one issue worked on and have to wait a month to take about another. she is very condencinding and often looks at me with disgust. i gave her the respect she deserves and she made me feel like shi+. currently looking for a new doc.

Thanks for all your input :) I'm sad to hear some of you have had similar experiences.. Doctors these days simply have lost the humanity it seems (or maybe it's just me). I know I could look for another doctor, but honestly I don't have the energy to do it at the moment, as starting over with a new doctor can be very demanding for me (having to show/explain all tests done, making sure he is a doc who 'believes' in fibro and won't just put me on ADs saying it's all in my head..) So for now I suppose I will have to make the best out of the situation.
I'm just very sorry to hear how others have also had bad experiences, because it's so hard already to manage everyday life with the issues we have and doctors are supposed to help us. Even a kind word or gesture goes a long way.

That definitely sounds like the kind of doctor that I would want to break ties with. It sounds to me like all he is interested in is the money and not helping you to be in the best condition that you can be in. If I were you, I'd start looking for a new doctor and soon.

Hmmm. That doctor sounds pushy and like he doesn't listen to you. It sounds like it may be time to find a doctor who is more willing to work with you and listen to how you feel. I understand how you feel because I've had doctors like that. Instead of leaving feeling like I was getting a handle on getting better, I would feel depressed and upset. Like you, sometimes I just wouldn't make an appointment to go back. It took me years to find my current doctor and I can honestly say she has been fantastic. She listens to me, recommends different methods of disease management and will answer any questions I have. There are wonderful doctors out there, sometimes it just takes time to find the right one. I hope you find someone who doesn't make you feel bad!

Oh my, I think (no, I know!) that I'd look for another doctor just as soon as humanly possibly. This guy actually used the word lazy to you?

In my mind, not being compassionate or knowing about fibro would come second to someone I'm paying (a TON of money I might add) to help me feel better DARING to say something like that to me. A doc who was trained rather long ago can be forgiven for not being up to speed (I'd try to educate them hehe) but a personal cut with the word lazy? NOT acceptable. :x

I agree with Mariposa. That doctor should never have said anything like that to you! It's absolutely unacceptable. I don't feel like your doctor has very much compassion and that is such a big part of being a good doctor. I meant to mention earlier that my current doctor is an osteopathic doctor. I don't know if that might help you look for someone to help you but, I had never been to an osteopath before. She's just great and she approaches things a bit differently. It's honestly refreshing.

Tigressa... I completely relate. Today I had an altercation (well kinda) with a gastroenterologist who seems to contradict himself every time. He was so rude, he was like: ''answer what i asked you'', when I was giving him extra details. What a moron. I hate going to the doctor... I swear! It's a nightmare, but I'd not do it if it wasn't because I really need to. Going to see a new doctor is always traumatic... I need to find a good surgeon who specializes on hiatal hernias.

Sigh, all I can tell you is good luck! I really hope you can see other GP... this one you are seeing sounds so mean, I'd never allow a GP call me lazy. No wonder you got mad! I mean... who does he thing he is to call you lazy? LOL, for reals? Ugh, some doctors have inflated egos because they have a degree.

That definitely sounds like the kind of doctor that I would want to break ties with. It sounds to me like all he is interested in is the money and not helping you to be in the best condition that you can be in. If I were you, I'd start looking for a new doctor and soon.

Same thought here, her doctor is just plain rude and likely extremely desperate to get that cash from her. Tough times for everyone I guess. I'd not keep seeing a doctor like that, but let's be honest... finding a good doctor is really hard. Today I had an awful experience with a new doctor... finding a good physician is like finding a needle in a haystack.

I'd not keep seeing a doctor like that, but let's be honest... finding a good doctor is really hard. Today I had an awful experience with a new doctor... finding a good physician is like finding a needle in a haystack.

It's hard... but I'd not keep a lousy doc because I was afraid I couldn't find someone better, either. Problem is that with the horrid *horrid* mess that's being made of health care right now, it's getting much more difficult to be *allowed* to choose a doctor you feel comfortable with. I'm thinking if the government wants to demand which doctor I use, they can just pay the bill, too. :razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back