Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CRO
State
Croatia
Guys I just wanted to write a little post about alternative medicine. There are many scam artists out there who would do and tell anything to get your money so be careful! As a physician I see things like this often, people who are in pain and without hope are those who would try anything to ease the pain. These scam artists know this and will use you and your money.

So be careful, if something sounds too good to be true it probably is! :)

I hope you all are feeling happy and good :)

DomDom,
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting this message. Often we have had new members only wishing to sell things to other members. While these are deleted as rapidly as possible they can be tempting to people who are in terrible pain. The only problem lies with not knowing exactly who your dealing with or where they are, and what if anything one would get out of it. I think the biggest share would be loss of money, but the danger also lies in getting a dangerous or even deadly drug or alternative substance that is not what it appears to be.

So thank you for helping warn members about the dangers of scam artists and the affects it could have on their lives. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

DomDom,
Welcome to the forum, and thank you for posting this message. Often we have had new members only wishing to sell things to other members. While these are deleted as rapidly as possible they can be tempting to people who are in terrible pain. The only problem lies with not knowing exactly who your dealing with or where they are, and what if anything one would get out of it. I think the biggest share would be loss of money, but the danger also lies in getting a dangerous or even deadly drug or alternative substance that is not what it appears to be.

So thank you for helping warn members about the dangers of scam artists and the affects it could have on their lives. I look forward to reading more of your posts. :)

Thats one of the hardest things for people to understand. A professor in my uni always told us about people with traumatic spinal cord injuries. People can never fully accept that they cant be cured so they will go to any alternative medicine or hoax doctor that promises them help. Fibromyalgia isnt as bad as this but seeing some members post about their problems reminded me of what our professor told us. Be careful guys :)

Guys I just wanted to write a little post about alternative medicine. There are many scam artists out there who would do and tell anything to get your money so be careful! As a physician I see things like this often, people who are in pain and without hope are those who would try anything to ease the pain. These scam artists know this and will use you and your money.

So be careful, if something sounds too good to be true it probably is! :)

Well now there's the best advice I've heard in a long time. Yes, this is very true... and unfortunately it's not always scam artists, either... a lot of times people who think they're helping offer really lousy advice of things to try. Instead of helping, it could make things a lot worse.

I agree that most things that sound too good to be true probably are. If there's some miracle cure or medication, it would be all over the news and not being sold secretly through forums and email.

Hi DomDom! I know what you mean! I've felt very desperate in the past and so tempted to try anything in hopes it could help me, but fortunately my mom was always there and stopping me from making a big mistake by buying products and supplements I really didn't need.

I only buy natural supplements that were made by well known American companies that have been around from decades :) Not consuming something made abroad because buying natural supplements from certain countries can be dangerous. Because in some countries they don't even do a quality control of that kind of products.

Thanks for the reminder! I personally don't try anything unless a trusted doctor tells me to or I heavily research it first. I want to know the source, quality, side effects, and success rate. Also, I've learned that simple is better. If someone is trying to sell you a miracle weight loss fruit that was recently discovered, remind yourself that the best way to lose weight is to take away what caused the weight gain. That fruit would just be one new thing you're putting in your body when you should focus on keeping too much out of your body. So stay simple.

4 months ago I purchased an all natural product called 'FibroWellness'. I took it for about 2 months and found it very helpful, it did help with fatigue and with my pain. I stopped taking it because it was being automatically shipped to me and was very pricey. I am currently just taking Lyrica and Cymbalta, both of which I am not happy with anymore. I am going to tell my doctor when I see him again in 2 weeks that I want to be taken off these 2 medications. Not sure about the Lyrica but am almost sure the Cymbalta you have to be weaned off of. I am taking 120mg of Cymbalta each day and 200mg of Lyrica. Does anyone know if you can just stop taking Lyrica?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back