DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Hi all,
For the last six to 8 months I’ve been hot .but not normal hot weather hot I mean always hot.
I now have to live in vests and shorts or a dress.
I don’t have many cloths ,but the few new ones I have I can’t wear ,
I put them on look lovely then within 20 minutes I’m ripping them off.now I’m not talking about jumpers or anything like that,just anything with a sleeve.windows are all open 24/7 spiders or not lol.I’m driving everyone mad because when I eat anything hot I need the doors open.
I know I need to ask for bloods to see if I’m pre menopause,but this is consistent it doesn’t come and go.anyone else suffer

Even if it is consistent it can still be perimenopause. Not everyone experiences it the same way. In your place, I would definitely want to know if it is being caused by perimenopause, because anything that is making you that miserable (on top of having fibro!) should be treated if possible. I am generally not in favor of hormone replacement medication. But I have known two women who were having such a terrible time with feeling hot and having hot flashes that they finally gave in and went on that medication and it significantly improved their lives. They both said they wished they'd done it sooner. And in their case, I thought it was good they could use a medication that would change that severely annoying aspect of their lives.
You might want to look into it.

My doctor who has written a book on Fibro protocols, and has Fibro himself says there is something called Fibro "flashes". I have them and at 59, I am through menopause.

I haven't heard of medication for hot flashes but I've learned to live with them. I wear moisture wicking clothes and sheets. I take b complex vitamins and put rose geranium essential oil in my lotion and both help. I'm about to turn 70 and already lived through menopause. My husband found me a battery operated fan which also helps. Hang in there!
gentle hugs

Yes it’s such a horrid thing ,I will talk to a dr when I can. And get my bloods tested .I got up this morning and sat outside 6 am to cool off .it’s so not funny

Is your thyroid OK? Just had a look if it thyroid's only uncontrolled temperature or only cold, but no: hot flashes/flushes too.
I feel like a broken record, but just seen that a Dr. Tunis Hunt says increasing serotonin (and thus estrogen) is sposed to help, using tryptophan or 5-HTP (or I'd say: GABA...), but he connects that to menopause as well.

I have went outside on laid in the snow before and I think melted it. I am constantly hot. It is the inflammation in the nerve fibers. Hang in there. Cryotherapy was one of the most helpful things I have done.

Cryotherapy was one of the most helpful things I have done.
Ah, a fellow cryo-fan! Most don't seem to even want to try it, but 3' in a cold "barrel" 3x a week was one of the first things that started to make a difference, reduced stiffness, reinstated sometimes even full energy for a few hours to days. Had to start with a warmer temperature first, now always the coldest possible. I seem to have progressed from there, because it no longer helps, but I still do it 2x/w before the acupressure which has become my mainstay. However I also started with cold showering and that helps me with hot flushes/flashes at night and strangely I use it to get to sleep every night...
How do you use it, CSF? ehm, edit: Is the lying in the snow the only sort of cryotherapy you use? Don't have much of that around here...

Last edited:
At an actual place that offers it. You go for 3 minutes in this tube like thing that gets to -270F. Crazy huh? It has helped on the days I do it. Nothing helps me to the point of no pain but it helps give me energy. I always hurt. Non-stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back