Not open for further replies.

sarahloudobby

Reason
DX CFS
Diagnosis
06/2002
Country
UK
Hi everyone. I have been seeing a sports therapist for four months now but todays massage was the best one so far. The release of the tension in my neck and shoulders is incredible. It is expensive I pay £50 for a session but she spends an hour entirely massaging all the knots out of my upper back neck and shoulders. Just thought I would let people know incase they think it’s worth a try x

most definitely, if one can handle the pressure of a massage, they can be incredibly helpful.

I am trying to find a new massage therapist myself.. one that specializes in deep tissue/trigger point work.

I tried one many years ago for lower back pain and was surprised when he found the spots affected by my whiplash injury without me having gone into detail at that time. Funnily enough, I was so tense during the first session, my bottom squeezed and lifted my left leg backwards 🤣

About 30 years ago, I had weekly massages to avoid taking pain medication during my pregnancies. Pure bliss. I still try to do a monthly massage. She finds those 2 trigger points in my neck every single time. It hurts but the release is pretty good!

She finds those 2 trigger points in my neck every single time. It hurts but the release is pretty good!
Would you find them yourself? After 1.5y acupressure I found I can now help myself much better than she could, using what I learnt from her, but also from youtube.

Would you find them yourself? After 1.5y acupressure I found I can now help myself much better than she could, using what I learnt from her, but also from youtube.
I can find my trigger points quite easily, but getting the same kind of relief by myself is not as easy.. it feels so much better when someone else does it. might be because with another person doing the release work, one can focus more on trying to relax into that work.. rather than using related muscles to try to bring about relief on our own
I say this mostly in regards to neck/shoulder work.. I can usually do pretty well with the upper back/shoulder blade areas.. and lower body stuff, but neck/shoulder is very hard for me to do myself and get an real relief from.

OMG, I wish I could find a massage therapist that was affordable for me because I do find that it can really work wonders. It is a shame that insurance does not cover it, at least not here in America.

massage therapist that was affordable for me
Yeah, not exactly cheap, esp. if you need it all the time. That's where youtube comes in for me... DIY allows me to apply various techniques in the moment something comes up to exactly the part of my body where it's needed. Plus the mental empowerment of being and feeling self-sufficient.... When something is not good enough I search till I find something that is. Not always perfect, but a workaround that for me has proven "better" than a good expert...

Last edited:
I do have a curved massage stick that I really love and I do use, but it's not the same as a true body massage. You get my drift. But my stick is great particularly on certain points of my trapezius muscles, upper back, lower back and shoulders. But I just can't get to all the spots I want to on my own. LOL thanks for the YouTube idea. I'm going to check that out.

curved massage stick
you mean something like this?

1665252764075.png

I have a smaller, more compact version that looks like this...

1665256848838.png

quite a useful little gadget for getting at those knots in the shoulder blade area.
And I agree.. not the same as having a deep tissue massage performed by someone else..
mainly because it is very difficult to relax a muscle that is in use.

Last edited:
quite a useful little gadget for getting that those knots in the shoulder blade area.
Looks almost as if you could lie on yours, and it reminds me of tennis balls for back, like shoulder blades, or two tennis balls in a sock for the spine.
mainly because it is very difficult to relax a muscle that is in use.
Since my massage 'gun' vibrates on its own I just need to hold it a little, if need be while resting hand, arm, elbow on something else.
The other day my wife was disappointed when she thought I wouldn't be able to get to a certain bit of my back, but I could.
Absolutely nowhere I can't get to... and no problems letting it work while it's resting on my skin and my arm's resting on bed, chair etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back