Amazing release after sports massage

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, that is just awful!! I am so sorry you were ignored like that. 😲

as for a chiropractor, finding a good one of those can be just as difficult as finding a good medical doctor. A good one will do a small bit of massage as they feel for areas that need work the most.. a bad one will just start trying to pop things whether it is needed or not often doing more harm than good.
I would ask around - friends, neighbors, etc, and see what you can find out

Chiropractors all have different methods, and I don't want to let stand the statement that "a good one will do a small bit of massage", because that's not true across the board at all.
There are many ways for a chiropractor to find out what is going on and massage is only one of them.

Some will want x-rays ahead of time.
Mine does muscle testing, others have other methods. I have actually never been to a chiropractor who does any massage at any point, and I have never been to a bad chiropractor.

I do agree that it is hard to find a really super good one like mine. but you can read online reviews, and get recommendations from other people. I have gone so far as to lurk outside a chiropractor's office and ask patients when they came out! But I found the one I have through a recommendation and have been gooing to him for 18 years now. Wouldn't see anyone else.

Chiropractors all have different methods, and I don't want to let stand the statement that "a good one will do a small bit of massage", because that's not true across the board at all.
There are many ways for a chiropractor to find out what is going on and massage is only one of them.
Fair...

but in my personal experience, the ones that were the most beneficial to me did do a little massage.. maybe not a lot, but enough to pinpoint problem areas.

I went to one that my partner had been going to, and omg.. she was HORRIBLE! I hurt worse coming out of there than I did when I went in. I dont know why she has such a big following, but definitely not for me. She tried to crack my neck and I had a headache for a week afterwards! (and the neck never did pop)

I am so sorry to hear what you’ve been through! How could people just ignore you like that! Sending positive thoughts to everyone.

I saw a chiropractor for the first time last week and going again tomorrow, I can’t attend this and massage as often as I need literally because I can’t afford it but it is helping me even in small doses. The chiropractor is lovely and confirmed I have quite severe kyphosis developing causing a lot of the shoulder, jaw and neck pain

I went back to the chiropractor today and she has given me my official diagnosis (attached) She also did dry needling on my worst affected shoulder included in the treatment. It seems to be helping.

Attachments

• 240EFA93-EFDA-4F4F-98CC-1232BC8E92CA.jpeg
    240EFA93-EFDA-4F4F-98CC-1232BC8E92CA.jpeg
    230 KB · Views: 51
This was me last year. I ended up using massage, chiropractor and physiotherapist to help heal my shoulder. The dry needling worked very well but it took about 2 months (once a week) of treatment with my physio. Isn't it the weirdes feeling? Anyways, it took 6 months for my shoulder to fully heal and it has been fine ever since. Thank goodness for coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back