Forum Supporter
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
Greetings to all....

I just made an edit to my pinned advice post to add some information, and am placing that here as well so that folks who have already read that post can see it. It occurred to me that it's possible some people with fibromyalgia could be helped by removing the chemicals in their home environment.
Here it is:

[Edit January 2021] I am editing this post because it has occurred to me that, while I wrote about diet, I did not mention anything about what you put onto your body or use in your home. These things are also important. Most people in the modern industrialized world use far too many chemical products in their homes and on their bodies, and not only does this poison the environment but it can also lead to many health problems as well as exacerbating existing ones.

Everyone is different, and no one can tell you what chemicals or products to use or not use. I have recently removed from my home chemical cleaning products, and use almost no products of any kind on my skin and none on my hair. My first reason for doing this was environmental - not only are the chemicals environmentally harmful but also most come in plastic which ends up in the ocean - but also because the new information we have on the human microbiome strongly indicates that less product use is far better for us. I would like to recommend that everyone examine their use of personal and household products, even those labelled "natural" and consider cutting down drastically on their use. Most aren't necessary at all and there are genuinely natural and non-harmful substitutes for all of them.
[End of edit]

Wishing all of you the very best as always.

I agree 100%. I have slowly removed many chemicals from my home and personal grooming routine and it is definitely making a positive difference. You also saves a lot of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back