Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I got the results of my X-rays today. It seems I have moderate to marked arthritis in my left arm and shoulder and mild to moderate in the right shoulder. They are sending me to see yet another doctor. This one is an orthopedic surgeon. I hope he can do something to help. I am also very low on Vitamin D3 but my blood work all came back normal so that is good.

You know I have dealt with OA in my lower back since 18 and now at 77 soon, deal with bodywide OA, and a messed up hip replacement. I did a lot of chiro work over my many years, PT work and would NEVER do anything drastic unless an absolute emergency. I work with a lot of supplements and am always open to hear something new, but some of the old tried and tested supps do help many. Glucosamine and even shark cartlidge which my mom took MANY years ago, I'm taking SC now for my issues. I take glucosamine too. Omega 3's for sure.

My thinking less drugs and more supplements for me. Many are Vit D deficient and hope you are on top of that. Good doses of magnesium thru the day is important for our bones, and many sources say more important than too much calcium. There is so much info out there for us to gather and work with and do one's best to be our own advocate.

Stretching and proper exercises are vital and working on what we put in our mouth, so much foods are harmful for the arthritis...work to keep inflammation down too. My suggestions from many years at this. J

My hip replacement was not an emergency, but elective and I often wish I had my old pain back. I got rid of one issue, groin pain, but ended up with so many complications from the surgery.

Last edited:
i"ll second the Vit D and magnesium recommendations for arthritis. I add some tumeric as well for inflammation and avoid nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, etc.). I have significant OA in my lower spine, hips, shoulders and hands. Stretching and hot showers also helps me. Oh, and Capsacin creme for both OA and fibro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back