Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
06/1995
Country
CA
State
bc
Holla all,

I am an old FM sufferer, I remember the doctor telling me "there is something new now, they call it fibromyalgia, maybe we should look at it". I am 46 , I was in my early 20s then. At that point I have already suffered for years, I think I was about 15 when first symptoms started. I still refuse to take any medication, but I am getting there:). Hope to find you all as good as we get!!

s

Hello and welcome nofunmyalgia

lol "something new call fibromyalgia" that's very awfully funny. It's kinda reminding me of the how people gets so stoked by the fashion inspired by the past. Which in this case the year of early 1800 . :mrgreen: It must have been around the year of 1976 when they changed from the old name muscular rheumatism to fibromyalgia if any doctor would calling it "new". :lol:

Nice to meet you here nofunmyalgia. Hope you'll enjoy your times here. ;)

Last edited:
My Nan had rheumatism....my Dad had post viral fatigue diagnosed in the 1970s later changed to ME.

I had no idea until i got fibro in 2007 about the hereditary link and we all assumed my Nan had rheumatoid arthritis and that rheumatism was an abbreviated word to describe it.

Only when i read about rheumatism being the early name for fibro about 8 years ago i realised it was probably my fate all along and pray it stops with me.

Welcome nofunnymyalgia....no its definitely not funny and i admire those who feel its brought out the best in them.....for me i did well for years..no joke at all but i enjoyed what i could do....lol now i cant do much and i am not very upbeat these days so am quieter on the forum so as not to spoil the positive vibe.

I hope you can get any help and tops here and are still able to have some good days.

Sorry Diamond , sorry nofunmyalgia

If I came out Wrong . I apologize. I guess I was imagining if my doctor would have said that fibro it's something new , I would probably not coming back cause there's a chance that I might have been his first fibro patient. :shock:

Sometime my imagination gets the best of me if you don't find it funny , sorry about that.
I refuse to take meds also .

I must be a strange cookie but I found it very funny. Thank you for your reply.
Yes, I think I was his first patient, I went to many at that time in order to find one that diagnosed me. I feel now is so much better, for the first ten years there was no hope, nobody ever mentioned there is something we can do about it. I was diagnosed in three different countries, I guess I was hoping someone will say something different:). It was always Sorry, you have that nothing we can do about it. But lately that I go to physioterapist, chiropractor, do some yoga I feel better than I did when I was 20. Anyway they say 40s are new 20s:):)

My Nan had rheumatism....my Dad had post viral fatigue diagnosed in the 1970s later changed to ME.

I had no idea until i got fibro in 2007 about the hereditary link and we all assumed my Nan had rheumatoid arthritis and that rheumatism was an abbreviated word to describe it.

Thank you for this. You see, I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis when I was 15 but never clued in that that was it! My mum has it also and I never connected the dots. They say that fibro "appears" after some trauma and many people got it after car accident. Mine happened after some mental trauma, but now that I think maybe it didn't since I had rheumatism already. And I thought I know something:):)

Tipnatee i'm not sure what has been said sweetie that you are apologising for??

Was there something in my post that you thought referred to something you previously said...i promise there definitely wasn't. I think we are being humorous in our own individual way ...you included always make me laugh.

Oh also nofunmyalgia...i just googled rheumatism and medically speaking i think its an umbrella term for a whole range of joint and connective tissue diseases....so im a bit confused myself now.

My Nan also had things i don't like swollen and disfigured joints so she clearly did have arthritis too so maybe its me getting confused. That's an autoimmune condition. Some people think fibro is ....others don't and see it as a brain dysfunction creating pain signals and a whole array of symptoms

I read in a good book that the old name for fibro was rheumatism way back in the 1950's and 60's but truly I'm no expert. Its possible my Nan didn't have what myself and my Dad have but the doctor definitely used the term rheumatism and i can now see its a very broad terminology.

Apologies if i have misled you in any way.

oh gosh no diamond , I was just realized that I wasn't suppose to laugh too easily sometime at the stranger cause it's not be polite.

I should just hold it and finish the introduction to the new comer first, count backward and then lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back