Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2014
Country
US
State
wa.
I use to be the first one to a party and the last to leave. Now I make excuses because no one understands fibro. After shopping last miniute, and family meal for Christmas, I feel like my brain wants to shut down. This is the weirdest thing. I'm feeling like sleeping so I don't have to engage, thus saying something off the wall.
I'm going to c a therapist, I can't handle this crap. Any suggestions on who I could see? I'm in pain, I have terrible anxiety. The Dr's frown on pain med and anxiety med together. They want to push anti depressant, Tried that, gave me terrible side effects.

Hi Moe,

I see a Psychologist myself who deals with Chronic Pain and Mindfulness. A Psychologist, Psychotherapist, Cognitive Behavioural Therapist, Psychiatrist - any of these doctors who knows about the illness and associated symptoms should be able to help you. But, you will have to find one that you like and can relate to. I was seeing one who was great but my benefits wouldn't cover it and I couldn't afford to keep paying. So I had to find someone else where it was paid for and could relate. But now, myself, I need to find someone else who is more knowledgeable about CFS, Chronic Pain, Chronic Fatigue, and everything else I have and going through. I went to see a top noticed Psychiatrist for a consultation that gave me some direction as he is booked and too far to see on a weekly basis.

I have tried different antidepressants and once upon a time Zoloft then Prozac worked but now the side effects are terrible. You may want to try a couple more as it took a few to find these helped. I don't take anything now. That is where the counselling helps. I have anxiety too which the Mindfulness helps. My body rejects meds at this point as I am super sensitive they say. Pain meds I only use ibuprofen 600mg when needed which is every day up to 3 times per day.

I am trying to do everything natural as that seems to be all my body tolerates and it does help. Takes a lot of work to find what works for each of us.

Hope this helps! Sheri

It is true what works for one doesn't for some one else. I am sensitive to all meds too and long term after giving in to taking them they have done more harm than good.

I do take cocodamol for pain but as little as possible even when i need something as you quickly get used to the dose and then they do nothing and valium/diazepam for sleep...it is a bad combination and frowned on by doctors.

I think the natural route is best if at all possible....a little exercise.good food, rest and surrounding yourself with caring people .....natural remedies for sleep and anxiety and yes some sort of councelling and profesional support if you can find someone good....someone who councels people with chronic pain.

Have you tried valerian for anxiety? Maybe your doctor would give you some anti anxiety pills for occasional use?

I wish i could magic it all better for you Moe and for all of us.

Tha k you for your input. I sincerally appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back