Not open for further replies.

Cutiegirl

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2022
Country
CA
Unexpectedly I have an ear infection. It is quite painful. I have started amoxycillan and I have been sucking on halls/throat drops/popsicles that are FULL of sugar. And popping Tylenol 3s and extra strength ibuprofen. I could just cry as I know I will have a flare up tomorrow. I haven't had an ear infection in years and I wasn't prepared! I am going to have to somehow 'ask' a sibling to pick up sugar free lozenges etc. (and I hate asking). Once I feel better I am going to take a better look at cough syrup and the like so I am prepared. Does anybody have suggestions of sugar free meds for when you are sick? Going to go soak in hot water with Epsom salts. I am so annoyed with myself for getting sick (def. not covid...I tested many times and I don't have any covid symptoms, just ears and neck glands that are on fire). Ugh!

sorry you are not feeling well 😢

afraid i dont have any recommendations for you - i rarely ever use that kind of stuff
about the only lozenges i use are the Hall's Vitamin C drops - but those are not sugar free, so not any good for your needs

The "natural" route would not contain sugar (except globuli) of course...

Simply drink hot water with lemon or lime juice in it, (the real thing, NOT lemonade) and just a teaspoon of honey. Honey is not refined sugar and shouldn't set off a flare. Plus, this drink is far better for you and will get better results.

ah yes.. honey & lemon tea used to be a big favorite when i was not feeling well.. one does not necessarily need the tea part of that tho.. it is the hot honey & lemon that makes the difference

Moan. Full fibro flare today due to all the sugar I consumed. The only good thing is that my ears feel much better so I will take it. Antibiotics are working, however, I worked really hard to build up my gut flora and now I am resigned to have to start all over again.

Make your own lozenges without sugar! It's easy. I use horehound or mallow with honey, lemon and coconut sugar. If you don't have it growing, Amazon and other places sell the leaves. They work with my copd. And throw away any processed sugar or food!

For people with hyperacidity: almost everything natural suggested here so far would acidify me - sugar, normal vit. C, lemon, lime, hot water, horehound, only mallow'd probably be OK.
However horehound and mallow alone seem good expectorants, commonly used here. Like thyme.
If the cough is "wet" rather than "dry", that I think will make a difference to the approach used.

And Iceland(ic) moss (lichen) is often used in Europe with and without sugar for dry & wet coughs.
Another example of the natural route sometimes being with sugar.... 😊.

Gargling with pure calendula essence helps me a lot for mouth (and skin) inflammation etc.
I "believe" umckaloabo (Pelargonium sidoides) helps me from the inside.

Get "well" soon! 👐

I say whatever works, don't care what other people say and write. If it works for you use it. Even marshmallow root made into drink works for me. Don't be afraid to try and help yourself because the doctors are not educated in natural medicine. I find doctors cause stress so I'm staying away.

For people with hyperacidity: almost everything natural suggested here so far would acidify me - sugar, normal vit. C, lemon, lime, hot water, horehound, only mallow'd probably be OK.
However horehound and mallow alone seem good expectorants, commonly used here. Like thyme.
If the cough is "wet" rather than "dry", that I think will make a difference to the approach used.

And Iceland(ic) moss (lichen) is often used in Europe with and without sugar for dry & wet coughs.
Another example of the natural route sometimes being with sugar.... 😊.

Gargling with pure calendula essence helps me a lot for mouth (and skin) inflammation etc.
I "believe" umckaloabo (Pelargonium sidoides) helps me from the inside.

Get "well" soon! 👐
Thank you. I will explore these options.

To build your gut flora try Kiefer. I started making it at home for my dogs, but it’s easier to buy it right now. The dogs love it.

No doubt they meant Kefir. And I second the suggestion to eat it...it is good for the gut biome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back