Anxiety anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Cmetryme. My mom told me about tapping once a long time ago. I will look it up and try it again. I am trying to meditate but sometimes find it VERY hard to settle my brain down.

try it and cover the windows that really helps relax and calm.
let us know how you are progressing.

tapping will also lower your blood pressure for those with high blood pressure.

keep posting and learning

Moe, thanks for reminding me that it could be medications, I will check into that.

Cmetryme, thank you so much for making me feel so welcome! :)

your welcome DK. we really are glad you can to learn and help the other learn.

i feel im making a difference here in stead of crying and thinking how bad i have it.
sometimes, knowing im helping just keeps me going when i dont want to go anymore.

DK_engineer I'm so relieved to read your thread. I too have been wondering the same thing... is it me naturally becoming more sensitive and unable to cope with normal stressors (ie going crazy) or is it a symptom of fibro? I've struggled with anxiety at times but this is a whole new level of intensity. Ever since fibro, my stress tolerance has significantly decreased. I had a much more busy stressful life pre fibro compared to now .. full time job, part time school, supporting my mother myself and boyfriend at one point.. but now with no job or school, hardly any responsibilities, the smallest things that I once was able to handle with ease and grace now puts me into a crying childish fit of a mess. It's actually quite embarrassing how easily stressed I become to the point sometimes I avoid people and situations all together as a proactive measure. Disengaging has been an automatic coping mechanism, and I used to be very comfortable with confrontation. Reading your post makes me feel less alone and perhaps I'm not going crazy afterall. Thank you =)

I'm glad it helped, dancingwithfibro, I hear you I am really struggling. I think this is the part of fibromyalgia that has been most difficult for me.

Anxiety sucks! The bible sais that anxiety is sin, because then we arnt trusting God. But where do u draw the line from worry and anxiety. The symptoms of worry and anxiety come from years of abuse. Meds help. I was on to much at one time, and weaned off I.n One month, was replaced with 4 other Meds that came along with terrible side effects.
Finally I'm back on a reasonable amount, and IT Helps!
Don't sweat it to much, work with a counciler, and take care of yourself.

Thanks Moe, I got a referral for a counciler today. Hopefully I will feel more myself soon.

Thanks everyone for being so supportive - you guys are the best! :)

Dancing.

the crying sounds like depression to me.

it happens to me as well.(Mr tough cookie lol) its not something i want to do. its something that comes with fibro and anxiety.

if you notice when this happens to you. the tears are not coming from the tear ducts (left of eye). they are coming from the sides
of the eyes. meaning your eyes are watering not crying.

this is going to sound corny to you. but it helps me.

make a happy place in your mind. when this starts to happen to you. start the breathing exercise.
go to that happy place in your mind. it will pass quickly.

you can get through this.

if you need us we are here for you.

sometimes just starting a vent thread helps too. try it and you will see.

cmetryme, oh yes i don't doubt it. especially around the menstruation cycle, it is the worst! when i start crying watching a commercial, i know i'm approaching the day. haha eyes are watering, not crying. =)

thank you for the support, this forum and people like you have really been a GODSEND. everyone's shared stories, supportive comments, advice, rants, from people who have it and therefore understand deeply what i'm going through at an intimate level... ugh thank you thank you i'm not alone!

we are so glad you feel that way.
thanks for sharing you story with us.
we are glad to have you here.

remember that you are also helping others too when you post whats happening to you.

i you need me you know how to private msg me.

have a low pain day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back