Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Does anyone else have random anxiety attacks for seemingly no reason?? I am having that issue today and have NO idea why. I have nothing that I should be feeling anxious about. Is this normal with Fibro??

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Hi Sabrina,
I have no idea if it is common with Fibro or not. But I have chronic anxiety myself, so at least I can empathize. A lot of the time it is just a low-grade constant uneasiness, and at times it breaks out into full blown anxiety attacks. Usually it is not due to something I can trace, although these days there is an awful lot going on in the world that triggers anxiety in me, so it is more common. I find it annoying because the anxiety is not at all helpful to me in dealing with the various situations I find myself in, nor with world events.

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Hi Sabrina,
I have no idea if it is common with Fibro or not. But I have chronic anxiety myself, so at least I can empathize. A lot of the time it is just a low-grade constant uneasiness, and at times it breaks out into full blown anxiety attacks. Usually it is not due to something I can trace, although these days there is an awful lot going on in the world that triggers anxiety in me, so it is more common. I find it annoying because the anxiety is not at all helpful to me in dealing with the various situations I find myself in, nor with world events.
Yeah I dont know if this is Fibro related or not. Normally I ma not an anxious or jittery person and it happens completely out of the blue. Sometimes will last a few minutes to a few hours. Not alot of fun for sure.

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
Sabrina, in my opinion, there is more than enough going on right now in the world to give anyone anxiety attacks.

Jrardon

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
US
Does anyone else have random anxiety attacks for seemingly no reason?? I am having that issue today and have NO idea why. I have nothing that I should be feeling anxious about. Is this normal with Fibro??
I don’t know if it is “normal” but I never had them before until the past 1.5 years I have had about 4 of them and they are totally random.

Mariemiguel2

Reason
Practioner
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
NY
what are the symptoms you are feeling? are you able to sleep at night? do you feel like you need to pee every time?

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
what are the symptoms you are feeling? are you able to sleep at night? do you feel like you need to pee every time?
I get an anxious feeling in my chest. No I dont not sleep well at night at all. Cant remember the last decent nights sleep I got. Peeing doesnt seem to be part of it. Its quite strange!! I dont feel anxious but get that feeling mostly in my chest.

missfoxy69

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
1/2001
Country
UK
hi yes i can wake up them some mornings ..or get one sat watching tv .. i find certain triggers though ..chocolate ..white bread ..caffiene ..biscuits ..
( wheat ) mostly ..

sunkacola

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
Uni
State
Somewhere
My opinion - anyone who doesn't feel at least a little bit of anxiety at least some of the time these days is not paying attention to what is going on.
This world situation is bad, and it is going to get worse before it gets better. If it gets better. Personally, my anxiety level has been at an all-time high and more frequent than ever before in my life. I try to keep it down, have various things I do to accomplish that. but a day never passes that I don't experience it, and some of the time it just comes in a wave that hits me without warning. Very unpleasant, and makes it hard to get anything done.
Is anyone else experiencing this increase these days?

sjbrown

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2020
Country
US
State
ME
Normally I am not an anxious person and dont get too anxious easily. I have experienced far more anxiety sensations for quite some time now that I never experienced before. As far as the world wide Corona Virus I am more angry than anxious about it. I feel like they are trying to frighten people and are not reporting ALL the facts just the ones that are frightening. Yes it is VERY serious and scary. Many of us are doing what we are supposed to to help slow and stop the spread. I live in the USA and they are making predictions they have no business putting out there. No one can predict what this virus will do. Myself and those I love are taking it all very seriously without panicking. I only listen to very short sections of the news now and watch shows that are funny or relaxing. I read and listen to music even at work. Keep calm and ride out the storm.