Status
Not open for further replies.
I suffer from pretty bad anxiety as well, and I have a very close family member who has almost debilitating OCD. For me, positive talk works a great deal. I try talking to myself calmly, and it helps me get out of that blur of anxiety that can take over sometimes. For my family member, they needed to seek out meds because that was our last option. Luckily, they're showing some improvement! I also go to therapy which helps a lot as well, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy in particular can help with anxiety.

Wow, that's tough! I feel so SORRY for your relative, dealing with OCD isn't easy at all. I wasted so many good years worrying about things I shouldn't be worrying about in the first place. I regret that so much... because now I do have real things to be concerned about, and I'd give just about anything things weren't this way. I beat OCD on my own a little too late, but I'm glad your relative is fighting this tru meds. It's much better than suffering with this for years, just like I did! Best of luck! I wish you and your family the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back