Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Is anyone over here suffering from this as well? I ask because I suffer from anxiety, and the only thing that has helped me a lot so far (apart from medical marijuana) is vitamin B complex. I take that every morning and before going to bed, and I must say it really works to keep me relaxed :) It also seems to be helping me to sleep.

What do you guys do when you feel anxious? How do you cope with that? It's specially hard when you are prone to experiencing anxiety on a daily basis. Do you think that having fibro makes you feel more anxious than those who don't? I think the answer in my case is yes :oops:

I do suffer from anxiety. I also suffer from ADD and depression as well. I had these problems far before fibro though.

Yes, I feel like pain can certainly make anxiety worse. I notice that Cymbalta is one of those meds that has a dual purpose. It helps with things like anxiety, depression, and ADD, it also helps with fibro too. Another thing that can help low level anxiety is antihistamines.

A good B complex can help with a great deal of things. I completely believe it can help with anxiety. It also helps with neurological issues.

I have suffered from anxiety for a long time. I try to focus on only things that I can control. That helps me to not worry so much. Also, using medical marijuana is a gigantic help. It really puts the worries on the back burner. Remember, you can only control your actions and your thoughts. Everything else is out of your control and is not worth worry about.

Trellum, I am a nervous wreck and it seems to get worse daily. Every night I lie in bed moaning and chewing my fingernails. Of course there is much to worry about when you can't stand half an hour to work which makes you poorer than poor and anxious about that. Just getting used to having a teenager in the house, etc
But what I am feeling is different; I am jumpy. I imagine bugs scurrying around, someone behind me, stuff like that! Cukoo? Probably.;)

I suffer from pretty bad anxiety as well, and I have a very close family member who has almost debilitating OCD. For me, positive talk works a great deal. I try talking to myself calmly, and it helps me get out of that blur of anxiety that can take over sometimes. For my family member, they needed to seek out meds because that was our last option. Luckily, they're showing some improvement! I also go to therapy which helps a lot as well, and Cognitive Behavior Therapy in particular can help with anxiety.

I can honestly agree with RomanAnthonysMama, concerning Cognitive Behavior Therapy. It is a positive way to deal with depression as well as, bad anxiety. I had this type of therapy and it works wonders in helping deal with the mental issues of everyday life and living with fibro. It works well and gives you a support factor and lots of self coping skills for knowing how to manage these problems in constructive ways.

While many talk about using Medical Marijuana, as a catch all relief for managing many symptoms, it is much better to deal with these problems through therapy then to mask them. Mental anxiety can hold you back from so many good things in life. Be brave and go get some help that will improve your life for the rest of your life. :)

I was diagnosed with a generalized anxiety disorder a couple of years ago. I have horrible heart palpitations and they keep blaming it on my thyroid but I honestly think it is from anxiety because I have anxiety attacks over anything and everything. It makes it difficult for me to do anything because I know that the attack is lying there in waiting just ready to take over. I was on daily prescription medication for awhile and it didn't seem to help the issue, but my dr gave me Vistaril and it seems to help a little bit, but it also makes me sleep so I don't know if it really helps or just knocks me out (lol)!

I can honestly agree with RomanAnthonysMama, concerning Cognitive Behavior Therapy. It is a positive way to deal with depression as well as, bad anxiety. I had this type of therapy and it works wonders in helping deal with the mental issues of everyday life and living with fibro. It works well and gives you a support factor and lots of self coping skills for knowing how to manage these problems in constructive ways.

While many talk about using Medical Marijuana, as a catch all relief for managing many symptoms, it is much better to deal with these problems through therapy then to mask them. Mental anxiety can hold you back from so many good things in life. Be brave and go get some help that will improve your life for the rest of your life. :)

Thupp, you mentioned your thyroid. I have noticed that thyroid issues affect the entire body and probably the mind too. I hope you are on medication to combat that.

Sweed, I tried therapy for anxiety for a little bit and it did not do anything to help me. I feel a lot less stress in social situations when I have smoked or ate marijuana / thc. It helps a lot. The only issue is that you need to use it a couple times a day to stay in the zone.

I am also seeing a therapist for cognitive behavior therapy. So when I feel anxious or in pain, I tell myself that this will pass and I can handle it. It does help a lot. But you have to "fake it till you make it". It does help. Cymbalta and gabapentin help me as well. Also deep breathing helps.

When I had cognitive therapy I went for several months every year. I was so sad from not being able to work. Anxiety was a issue and depression was setting in. I knew that I needed to talk with someone who could be objective and not personal. As much as friends want to help, often they can't because their only answer is what they might do if our problem was theirs. And so we are trying to base our life on someone elses plan, instead of our own.

Therapy does not screw with our heads, in fact it helps us see clearer and make our own decisions. The therapist is there to guide us and listen, and advice, but not to lead. Therapy reaches inside and calms our fears and keeps away the panic attacks and racing of our hearts. We gain control again and become productive in different ways. I felt transformed by therapy, and had better vision on the plans I needed to make so I could be happy whether I was able to work or not, and I began to move forward instead of backwards. Life became fun again.

So many people are afraid of therapy due to old fashioned beliefs of others who think that only crazy people need treatment for mental health. When in fact it is something that anyone can do when anxiety and depression, begin to control life making life unbearable. It is a good thing to do. :)

I have suffered from anxiety for a long time. I try to focus on only things that I can control. That helps me to not worry so much. Also, using medical marijuana is a gigantic help. It really puts the worries on the back burner. Remember, you can only control your actions and your thoughts. Everything else is out of your control and is not worth worry about.

Sorry to hear that, but your post actually made me giggle... I use medical marijuana as well, and it's also helping me with that. I'm also trying not to worry on things I can't control, but it can be pretty hard at times! You mentioned control, sometimes I find it kinda ironic when I think that I can't control what's happening inside my own body... but I can control my actions and thought :mad: But oh well, trying not to think about that! Being online helps a lot as well ;)

it's kinda funny how people will go see a Dr if they have a cold, flu, etc., but won't go see a therapist when their head doesn't feel right. I have seen a therapist for quite some time now for various reasons and she always gives me a different perspective or idea on situations that I didn't even think about. They are there to help, not judge.

I'm going seeing a therapist once a month, sometimes it feels like she is helping, sometimes it feels like this really isn't making a lot difference, I keep going tho :) I guess I should search for a different therapist soon, maybe when/if I move to the Netherlands my anxiety levels will be low again.

I do suffer from anxiety. I also suffer from ADD and depression as well. I had these problems far before fibro though.

Yes, I feel like pain can certainly make anxiety worse. I notice that Cymbalta is one of those meds that has a dual purpose. It helps with things like anxiety, depression, and ADD, it also helps with fibro too. Another thing that can help low level anxiety is antihistamines.

A good B complex can help with a great deal of things. I completely believe it can help with anxiety. It also helps with neurological issues.

Woah! I suffer from ADD as well! Sadly I've been suffering from depression since I got a really bad diagnosis :( But hopely one day things will get better and if that happens, then I'm 100% sure this depression will fade away as well :) By the way, are you taking medication for the depression and anxiety issues?

It's funny you mention B complex, because I've been taking a really good and complete one for the last 2 weeks, and is really helping me with my insomnia! Now I don't take the suaul 2-3 hours to finally fall asleep. It's amazing, if you haven't tried it... then you definitely need to give it a try!

Trellum, I am a nervous wreck and it seems to get worse daily. Every night I lie in bed moaning and chewing my fingernails. Of course there is much to worry about when you can't stand half an hour to work which makes you poorer than poor and anxious about that. Just getting used to having a teenager in the house, etc
But what I am feeling is different; I am jumpy. I imagine bugs scurrying around, someone behind me, stuff like that! Cukoo? Probably.;)

Aww Cinderr :(( Sorry to hear that! You sound a lot like me! I keep on chewing my fingernails nearly everyday, but I've always been like that, things got a bit worse 2 years and half ago with my disease... so many changes! I guess once things settle down both of us feel better. I often think that when I reach my retirement days I'll be far more relaxed than I am now (If I reach that age, lol) but I can only hope!

Have you tried taking a good vitamin B complex? I swear this can do wonders, I'm still a bit nervious from time to time, but I swear I'm not panicking like before! I take an amazing B complex with biotin and even folic acid! This B complex is doing what no sleeping pill could... making me fall asleep FAST! PRONTO! NO kidding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back