Any men on this forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
one day at a time . that is how to take this . look for what makes it more bearable for you . dont be hard on yourself. The sun still shines , and you are still you.Bless you.

I am a man with fibro too. I am recently diagnosed. I also have a bunch of symptoms and troubles in daily life. For one of my struggles, please see my recent diagnosed post.

I'm also a guy who is a tradesman. At age 14 I started doing this kind of work and now coming up on 41 I am quite limited by pain and muscle tension. On good days I can do hard physical labor, but I really need to be able to work at my own pace and limit physical work. On my best days the pain is low and tension and discomfort are somewhat low. There really aren't any pain free days anymore. Most people don't understand the condition or how even minor pain and discomfort are a big deal when you experience it for 10+ years.

I'm also a guy who is a tradesman. At age 14 I started doing this kind of work and now coming up on 41 I am quite limited by pain and muscle tension. On good days I can do hard physical labor, but I really need to be able to work at my own pace and limit physical work. On my best days the pain is low and tension and discomfort are somewhat low. There really aren't any pain free days anymore. Most people don't understand the condition or how even minor pain and discomfort are a big deal when you experience it for 10+ years.
Pacing is so important, we never know when things may get harder, difficult to keep active with constant pain, you must be wiped out. 42 for the time being, building work after leaving school, really enjoyed it but Fibro kicked in with a vengeance and had a big impact.

How can anyone relate to pain 24/7 if they never have had it. It is tough and wears on you. Hang strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back