Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
I have this extreme anxiety. I am trying to figure out if it the fibro/CFS symptom or if it is something else. I have it in the daytime but way worse by the time i go to bed at night. Racing thoughts, racing heart to the point that I cannot calm down to go to sleep. It usually takes about 3 hours for me to fall asleep, and I definitely never wake up rested and have pain and migraines every day. Anyone else dealing with the anxiety?

I have been on so many different medications for my chronic migraines and fibro pain I've lost track, wondering if I need something for the anxiety, or maybe meditation lol...

Merry Christmas. xo

Lyndsey, I have to manage my anxiety...it's a genetic thing. When my fibro symptoms are wearing me down and I can't keep positive mentally, I notice the anxiety ramping up. It's normal considering what we go through. Just my opinion, but rather than suffer every night, I would get something from your doctor that you can take an hour before bedtime to relax you and let you sleep. I have several friends who have other health problems than fibro and resolved their sleep problems by getting something from their doctors. It may be an anti-anxiety med and not a sleeping pill that will work for you. I know one thing is that you need your sleep if you are battling fibro and anxiety...gives your mind some down time and gives your body time to heal. Don't let the number of meds you are on (or have tried) keep you from getting something to help you sleep.

It will be okay; hang in there!

Hugs and Merry Christmas!

I have this extreme anxiety. I am trying to figure out if it the fibro/CFS symptom or if it is something else. I have it in the daytime but way worse by the time i go to bed at night. Racing thoughts, racing heart to the point that I cannot calm down to go to sleep. It usually takes about 3 hours for me to fall asleep, and I definitely never wake up rested and have pain and migraines every day. Anyone else dealing with the anxiety?

I have been on so many different medications for my chronic migraines and fibro pain I've lost track, wondering if I need something for the anxiety, or maybe meditation lol...

Merry Christmas. xo
Lyndsey, yes I deal with similar insomnia at night. Especially when I take an opiate pain killer. And my insomnia and anxiety at night has been worse since I lost my job in October. I also am learning that the mobile devices and computers etc give off a blue light that doesnt help matters. When I know I really need to sleep I will take a couple Benedryl and pray lol or I'll take a clonozepam (klonopin). My muscle relaxer too doesn't make me sleepy. I take Soma right now and it was Zanaflex that was the one that made me nice and tired. I hope you find some relief and yes try that meditation! Or I found breathing into my painful areas (deep breathing) helps.

thanks you guys for the tips on what helps. I will try that for sure and talk to my doctor about a medication. I am also taking an opiate pain killer maybe that is contributing and I need to take it a bit earlier. Which pain medication are you on? I am currently taking percocet for when the pain is really severe....Its been bad for me too since I stopped working , I think that adds to it as I non stop worry about what people think because I am no longer at work, and what my future holds given the circumstances lol....

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Thanks again for the reply and tips to both of you xo

thanks you guys for the tips on what helps. I will try that for sure and talk to my doctor about a medication. I am also taking an opiate pain killer maybe that is contributing and I need to take it a bit earlier. Which pain medication are you on? I am currently taking percocet for when the pain is really severe....Its been bad for me too since I stopped working , I think that adds to it as I non stop worry about what people think because I am no longer at work, and what my future holds given the circumstances lol....

Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Thanks again for the reply and tips to both of you xo

Yep, I totally relate, Lyndsey. I take either norco 10mg hydrocodone or I'm prescribed 15mg morphine, but I've been trying to take only half. Usually half of each one, but it still keeps my brain wide awake. Even the Soma keeps me wide awake while my fiancé sleeps like a baby. He also deals with chronic pain. That's also the time I want to read on the Internet for any type of relief. Or support. I finally decided I needed to actually JOIN a forum instead of lurk, lol, because I need the support and I also know I can comfort in some ways because I can relate. I think relating to one another will help us to not to insane. Lol. I woke up this morning still with horrible back pain. Both sides, upper and lower. I think I need a stronger pain med at times too, I know morphine extended release may seem strong, but I have a feeling oxycodone is what would help. The only thing is, I hate the side effects of these opiates and I've been dealing with ibs-c issues to an extreme at times. :-( Also, stronger pain Meds in my household would not "last". So there are addictive personalities here ( my fiancé and I) and I worry. So instead, I'm going to try to move more (a.k.a. Walk or try water aerobics). I'm not very good at yoga so I usually end up only trying one YouTube video. And then I give up. I'm trying to schedule a Thai massage for tomorrow. It's kind of our Christmas present. And I've only just heard of someone's positive experience with a Thai massage. How are you doing pain wise today?

I totally hear you...And i agree that talking to people that can relate helps alot. I just joined the forum and it already has helped me alot knowing I can come here to talk. Today I have a huge migraine just like I do everyday, although yesterday it was worse so hard to enjoy christmas day :( also some major joint pain today and another sleepless night lol. I get what you mean about the addictive personality lol I am the same way, especially given the fact that it gives relief which is so helpful. I try really hard each day to wait as long as I can and grin and bear the pain until I cant take it anymore and give in to taking my pain meds. My doc wanted to switch me from percocet to oxycodone but I am reluctant because it is stronger, but he said it would give me relief for longer periods of time. I love it how i lay awake while myn hubby snores away makes me insane haha.

A thai massage might do you good or shiatsu. Thats a great xmas present to yourself :) thanks for writting xoxo

I'm sorry you've been in a lot of pain. I know migraines all too well as well. I also get rebound type headaches from hydrocodone (another reason I've had to start taking less). Also a reason that I was considering the oxycodone. Of course "they say" the real answer to my headaches is to stop all pain meds, but I get in a cycle--I have to taper to not go through opiate withdraw and then before you know it I'm in the worst muscle pain --usually my back. Sometimes I think I get hyperalgesia as well where the opiates actually cause worse pain in my body. Then I feel really hopeless and frustrated. The Thai massage yesterday was great. After dinner I fell asleep for the rest of the night! I think I needed the sleep. I'll look into Shiatsu sometime soon, thank you! Of course, they also recommended deep tissue so I'm very sore in spots today. I used capsaicin cream on my upper back this morning and took an Epsom Salt bath tonight. I stumbled on an interesting website called musclepainsolution written by a chiropractor. I recommend the read! i hope this finds you well tonight. You are definitely not alone! Love, SunnyinSD

Last edited by a moderator:
I am suffering from horrible insomnia and I have IC or overactive bladder, that wakes me up at night because I have to go to the washroom all night. The pain of my fibro and my bladder give me no rest. Often though it's the pain keeping me up. I just can't get comfortable.

Hi,
I'd like to share some tips about sleep. They sometimes work for me:
a) no coffee 12-14 hours before sleeping. avoid altogether.
b) no coke, diet or otherwise: caffeine, atleast not after lunch.
c) meditate bfore dinner. tis way you can give yourself 15 minutes to filter out all the thoughts which keep you awake ( when I used to do this i was doing great!)
d) bathe with lavender, lavender essence or lavender oil in bath
e) Indians usually have a warm glass of milk right before sleeping. I dont know why , but it works for some.
f) no light in room. Otherwise body is not able to fall into natural rhythm
g) throaty breathing. this is part of yoga, when you breathe in breathe till the air reaches your throat and starts the "humming" like you do when asleep. four times is supposed to get you feeling more sleepy. better to learn from a hathh yoga practitioner.

Bests,
BombayMum

I don't have more anxiety at night, but do get it a lot. I suffer from insomnia and daily headaches and/or migraines and it does get frustrating at times. I have never found my pain meds to keep me up. I really liked Soma muscle relaxer, but my doc won't prescribe them anymore for some reason. I've been told by 2 docs that they are very addictive. I assured both of them that I only took them on occasion and never felt the "need" to keep taking them. Same with my hydrocodone. I've never felt the "need" to take them. I will say that they don't seem to be working as well and the pain has gotten worse to the point that I wake up most nights now because of the pain. That makes the insomnia worse because it just adds one more thing to the list that keeps me from sleeping.

I'm going to ask my doctor if he can prescribe anything for me that is stronger than hydrocodone. Does the morphine timed release help? I've tried oxycodone and it didn't do as good as the hydrocodone. I think the only difference is the hydro has tylenol with codine and oxy doesn't have tylenol.

Happy Valentine's Day to you!....I hope today is a good day... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back