Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
ca
Some back ground. I'm new here. I have been having health problems for 21 years now. It started when I was 24. I was traveling in India and got really sick. A year later I was living in Seoul and got really sick again but this time worse. I was fatigued, my muscles ached, I had terrible headaches, and horrible IBS type symptoms. I wasn't able to absorb food well and my hair was coming out. But after leaving and going on a very relaxing vacation for an entire month ( tropical Island ), started to feel better and figured it was all behind me.

Well when I returned home to San Francisco I started to have relapses. Sometimes just once a year. It has been an on going issue now ever since. Symptoms can vary ( anything from migraines, pelvic pain, sore knees, weak legs, stiff joints ), but they always come with awful fatigue, aches pains, and stomach problems. I looked through the forums here but haven't seen stomach problems mentioned yet?

At any rate I got a diagnosis of chronic fatigue in 2007, but was told there is nothing I can really do except lifestyle modifications. Visiting a rheumatologist very soon though because I'm wondering if this could be fibro?

Digestive Disorders – Constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, gas and bloating, irritable bowel, and nausea are found in roughly 40 to 70% of fibromyalgia patients. Acid reflux and a slowed digestion are also common.

I just found out awhile back that people with Fibro have stomach issues, I to have these issues. I have acid reflux and slow to empty stomach. For many years I thought my stomach was just irritated from all the medicine I have taken for the pain. I take Digestive Advantage it is a probiotic, it does help me with the bloating and constipation! I hope you get some answers !

What a coincidence, I lived in India for six months when I was 18. I got so sick with stomach bugs. There was no doctors around where we were that you had to let it run its course. When I got back to the states my belly was a wreck. I started having colonoscopies four years later due to pre cancerous polyps. I have had to get the polyps removed I have a disease now called FAP which means I will have to continue getting colonoscopies done every year for the rest of my live. So far I have had 12 procedures done. Two years ago I began having terrible vomiting and nausea to the point I shrank down to 98lbs. The doctors told me to get my affairs together. I found a naturopathic doctor who said it was parasites. I started doing better and got up to 120lbs. Now having a really bad case of gastritis that's causeing me to lose weight. Holding steady at112lbs.
Sorry to make this such a long reply. Never heard from anyone that has a similar experience. My old gastro doctor never saw a connection. I have a great new doctor that is super eager to put the pieces together. I have my fingers crossed.
Ggod luck to everyone that has had bugs from other third world countries and doctors that aren't able to see the connection.

Fibro has a lot to do with neurotransmitters as I understand it. Serotonin lines the gut and contains 70% of our immune system. So it seems the two can def. be linked. I just don't know what starts what.
I had IBS as a kid, and relapsed about a month before my mom died (in dec). Then I developed this ongoing pain.
Coincidence?

I have had ibs for years .fibro and gut problems go together often.
India is a place I'd never go,to many ppl get sick ,and well it's hard enough getting through a day atm lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back