Anyone experienced with cymbalta?

I could not take Cymbalta or anything else. I haven't had medicine all my life, and they are trying to over medicate me. Every medication I get I am allergic to for some reason. I did have a shot in my hip and back and neither one helped at all. I just want some pain medication (I do know of two that I am not allergic to) but won't give me any. ) I only want a month's worth of pain medication until I can start more of my physical exercises. I could not even walk to bathroom tonight and I live alone. I am frightened.

Oh Dusty, I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a difficult time. Have you expressed to your Dr that you sometimes have trouble even walking to the bathroom due to the pain? It doesn't seem right that you should suffer so needlessly. It might be time for a new dr.

I have been on SNRIs for a number of years; first I was on venlafaxine (Effexor), but have since changed to duloxetine (Cymbalta). I have both ME/CFS, and fibromyalgia. I started taking Effexor for a very bad depression, and then kept taking a maintenance dose. (Our whole family seems to have depression and anxiety issues, so may have a problem with low serotonin levels.)

I switched to duloxetine, as a pharmacist suggested it might help me with disturbed sleep. I can't say that I have had any help with pain relief or better sleep from either of these two SNRIs. However, I know they help keep me away from the dark side of depression. I also did not get any real bad side effects; just some dry mouth and constipation, some times. I am on 60 mg. of duloxetine, the lowest dose that will help with depression.

I have also had experience with going off of these class of drugs. You have to go off really slowly, or you will experience "brain zaps", which are not pleasant.

I wish that the drugs would help me with pain, and I am happy for those of you who do get some relief with them. For those who are finding they do not help, we have to remember that since everyone is different, things will work for some and not for others.

I think Cymbalta has helped me a lot.

I haven't fibro flares anymore after this medicine.

I have still some pain but I can work etc. I have had depression and anxiety issues about 20 years and I have taken Sertralin for that.

I try take off it at this moment. Still 25 mg.

@Libby Have you had fibro pains when you have going of of these class of drugs?

Hi there ! I have been on cymbalta since November and it helps my pain . I would say take the cymbalta before bed
Hope this helps you

Maybe try backing the dosage down a notch or two. I have found in most cases that it's the dose that causes the nausea.
How long have you been on it? This one made me suicidal after two weeks usage so pay closer attention to what else you are feeling aside from the nausea

I tried it 4days and too many side effects and no relief. Goooood luck!!

I've been on Cymbalta for years. I don't remember any nausea BUT if I miss a pill or two days without any the withdrawal symptoms are horrific. Not sure if anyone else has experienced "brain zaps"?? It's like electrical shocks in my head it's so scary. I've been wanting to try and get off this med but I am so scared of the side effects. I'm on 2 pills a day for the last year and not sure it's working anymore for me.

I've been on Cymbalta for years. I don't remember any nausea BUT if I miss a pill or two days without any the withdrawal symptoms are horrific. Not sure if anyone else has experienced "brain zaps"?? It's like electrical shocks in my head it's so scary. I've been wanting to try and get off this med but I am so scared of the side effects. I'm on 2 pills a day for the last year and not sure it's working anymore for me.
You can get off the cymbalta if you want to, and I would encourage you to do it since you don't think it is helping, and obviously you are addicted to it physically, which is not good. But you need doctor supervision to go off it, and you will need to do it gradually, while also replacing it with something that is non-addictive that will help you until you are completely clear of the drug. Talk to your doctor about it.
Best of luck!

You can get off the cymbalta if you want to, and I would encourage you to do it since you don't think it is helping, and obviously you are addicted to it physically, which is not good. But you need doctor supervision to go off it, and you will need to do it gradually, while also replacing it with something that is non-addictive that will help you until you are completely clear of the drug. Talk to your doctor about it.
Best of luck!
Thank you. I never thought my body could be addicted to a pill like that but obviously with the physical symptoms I am :/

You can go out of Cymbalta, but it must be do very carefully. I am on 60 mg (duloxetine). It helps me a lot.

Thank you. I never thought my body could be addicted to a pill like that but obviously with the physical symptoms I am :/
Addictions are physical in nature. If it is not physical, then I think it is not truly an addiction, but rather a mental obsession or other problem like that. The body become addicted to a substance if that substance provides something the body is not able to produce itself, or else if it provides more of something the body does provide. What happens, basically, is that the body becomes accustomed to this amount of substance coming in artificially and stops or greatly reduces the producing of it. That causes withdrawal when you stop because the body has to adjust back to normal again.

This is of course a very simplistic way of putting it. It could be said, by this measure, that diabetics are addicted to insulin, which would be true in a way; but that is life-saving, and obviously not like an addiction to crack or pain killers, because that insulin injection or pill is bringing up a diminished level of something necessary to the body, to the healthy level it would be in a person without that disease.

I've been on cymbalta for over a year now, and it's been very helpful! I started at 30 mg and am now at 60 mg per day. It's been very helpful.

I have been on Duloxetine (Cymbalta) for many years. I was taking 30mgs AM & PM now I take 60Mg at night now because it was making me drowsy during the day. You might try taking it at night only to see if it helps. This medication really helps with my Fibro. I take multiple medications and rely on my Nephrologist concerning new meds or supplements because some of these can interfere with my Anti-rejection meds for the kidney transplant I had in 12\17. I don't want anything to harm my kidney which has worked perfectly since day 1. Most OTC meds do not work for me anyway.

I took Cymbalta for 14 years and it was a lifesaver for my fibro pain and depression-Had to Discontinue because was diagnosed with gastritis which doctor felt was from long term use of cymbalta

Back