Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
wa
To start with, I've worn glasses for 30 years for nearsightedness, but it was never that bad. When I turned 40 my vision definitely declined and maybe four years ago I ended up with bi-focals that didn't do much for me. Last year I wound up with a much stronger prescription for blended bi-focals and already, I feel as though I need new glasses again. My night vision is horrible--bad enough that I've started telling my kids that I will not drive them anywhere after it gets dark. The thing is, my vision doesn't seem to be consistently terrible. Some days it's just fine. I can't figure out if something triggers it, i.e.: too tired from lack of sleep, overusing my eyes, etc. And of course, on the days my eyes don't seem to want to cooperate with me there are usually headaches to follow the eye strain. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have noticed vision problems, too, that I didn't have before getting fibro. Like you, I've noticed that the vision problems vary day to day. For me, I've found that I get eye strain a lot more quickly than I used to. Sometimes things are blurry and I can feel my eyes straining to try to bring stuff into focus. I'm also more light sensitive. I never used to need sunglasses even on bright days. Now I need them on any day that isn't completely overcast. Sometimes when I'm really fatigued, I even see light trails, like what you see on photos taken at night where the camera moved and there's a streak of light instead of a street light.

I guess this all makes sense if you figure that you use muscles to focus the eyes. And with fibro, muscles tire much more quickly than they did when we were healthy.

I had these problems before and actually had sun blindness while driving. I dealt with these same issues for a long time and the eye doctor kept giving me stronger prescription lenses. Until one day I came close to killing myself and my daughter because I did not see the huge oversize load to the right of me. I knew there was something really, really wrong. I went back to the eye doctor and was diagnosed as being legally blind due to cataracts. They informed me prior that they were very small. I think they were not being straight up with me otherwise I would not have needed lenses that were so thick prior to the blindness. Do both of you have dry eyes? When was your last opthamologist appointment? I would recommend going as I found out things can change fast. You may not be able to see at night for now but wait until you experience a white out from the sun. This happened to me the same way. I don't know if cataracts and fibro are related. I just know I went through the same thing. Good luck to both of you and please get the eyes checked. D.

My mother has suffered from vision problems and she has Fibromyalgia and I have inherited those similar traits. I however don't suffer from chronic pains so I don't know if I could have Fibromyalgia like she has. I'm unsure in whether she has it because of Fibro (which could be very likely) or just got it genetically from my grandparents. She has contacts to keep her vision working properly. Fibromyalgia could be affecting her nerves and muscles in her eyes and is probably what's causing her to have vision issues.

Sorry to ask, but are you diabetic? It's well known that most diabetic notice vision changes, some days their vision is good, some days it isn't. Their sight seems to be so variable. My aunt had that same issue. Have you gotten your glucose levels tested? I really it's worth looking into this. have visual issues btw, but they're caused because i need to use the computer so much and also suffer from eye allergies. You really need to get checked.

I have vision problems. I am not sure what is causing it yet though. I think it is related to my auto immune disorder. Of course, I guess it could be fibro too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back