Not open for further replies.

fitzy

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2022
Country
US
Curious to see if anybody's tried a low oxalate diet? If you did try it, please let me know how it went and how long you tried it for.

Hi fitzy - not specifically, cos I have so much else I have to watch out for that I don't have much more than 50 foods/drinks to eat, due to my many & severe IBS/MCAS intolerances. But occasionally one of the reasons for a certain intolerance does seem to be oxalates. I need to watch out more for salicylates and in an MCAS flare for histamine. But many of the foods high in oxalates I can't tolerate, but that might have several other reasons.
On mastcell360 Beth O'Hara describes on oxalates-and-the-mast-cell-activation-syndrome-histamine-intolerance-connection/ how reducing oxalates reduced her symptoms and fibromyalgia and fatigue are right at the top of her list.

So yeah, I'm sort of been watching for that all the time long before fibro, it may make a difference to my IBS but not fatigue, probably not my pain.
Would I recommend to try it? Definitely, like most things. Do I think it'll pretty surely help? Nope. Harm? Nope, just don't overdo it for long, generally try to eat (unprocessed) food as varied as possible unless you know something is surely causing harm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back