Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
AZ
I don't know if this is the right place for this but eh it's also to kind of serve as a vent as well. So eh a 2 in 1 thing lol.

Anyway as the title says I just filed an appeal with social security/disability. I was going to wait till November 3rd until I saw my neurologist but eh my mom kind of forced my hand.

The TV was shut off because we didn't pay the bill (the tv bill is in my name) Since I am not working my brother has pretty much been paying all the bills in the house (my dad works he mostly covers the rent bill, electric, & car while my brother covers all the other miscellaneous bills) & we have been trying to catch up on bills I was going to make the tv company a double payment on the 11th since that's when my brother got paid again. Only to wake up to my mom in a terrible mood & yelling at me about the TV saying I thought you had everything taken care with the tv company now I can't watch my show & I had to watch the local news on my phone. Then proceeded to yell at me to go get a job & that I am lazy & I don't want to work.

So I said fine I will try to get a job & be fired within a week because all the issues I have I seriously would & I seriously would not make it past a job interview to begin with.

She said you better not make me even more angry or I swear. So I just left it at that I got everything taken care of because my brother got paid yesterday but we where trying to save some money. So I get it all situated & fixed. My mom apologiezes & said I can't keep everything bottled up for long. It starts eating at me. So eh if you read my very first post I have venting issues where I need to vent or else they start eating at me. So eh it's pretty much like daughter like mom I supposed we both suffer from venting issues except my moms turns into a horrible rage & if something goes wrong they all let loose. I am well kind of similar. So eh why I need to vent before they turn into a horrible rage just like my moms.

Anyway my mom usually doesn't apologize for her rages so I was kind of shocked today over the fact she did apologize today. Though my mom does have a point I need to do something.

So I appealed social security/disability's decision. They gave (me which was no & there was not enough evidence that I can't work). I mean I don't know what else to do my issues have become so bad my short term memory loss prevents me from talking to people I forget what I am going to say. So could you imagine a job interview where the interviewer has to finish the sentence for you or if me forgetting the question they just asked a second ago. If I did somehow pass the job interview I would not be able to do the training & get fired right then & there. Answering questions, reading about stuff causes me to have mental fatigue.

I mean orientation they make you learn about questions make you do tests & whatnot. I could not pass any of those things do how bad my current condition is. I can barely do chores around the house I can't even go shopping. Without walking around dazed & confused.

I mean I can't even fill out paperwork without my eh head acting up. I mean eh right now trying to type this out I am ehh stuggling to find words luckily I well type out everything I am thinking which is a good thing in away. SO I can see mistakes I make but eh after feeling out that social security appeal form my head has been acting up, I am in pain, I am starting to feel dizzy, my elft arm is hurting, I have difficulty walking, feel like I need a nap, feel like I am about to fall over, & etc. SO eh yeah whoever says I can get a job I seriously can't it would be a nightmare for me.

So I jsut had to appeal the social security/disability thing. I mean this is crazy. being in constant pain have short term memory losss, Having to go home early & etc. like a job would hire someone like that. So I filled out the social security/disabilty thing & one of the questions was has your condition worstened since the last time you applied if so please tell us about ti.

So I mentioned my short term memory issues have gotten worst, I talked about the day I was sent into the store by myself because my dad was sick it took me like ehhhh 1 eh hour to finish grocery shopping because I was walking arounf the store dazed & confused. I was in pain, my head hurting, constant eh pain, then eh falling over if I didn't have a cart to hold on to.

I mentioned going out to eat I forget peoples orders I mentioend the phone interview I had with DES & how the DES interviewer wanted to speak to ym mom because I kept changing the story.

THen eh in general I mentioned every single issue I ahve I eh pretty much came here to & copied & posted what I wrote here in my first post so that I didn';t ahve to type it out. though eh I should of probably typed it out so eh they can see the tpyign issues & hwo my head is well impacts my eh writing.

So eh I am hopping the social secuirty palce eh approves me buteh I highly doubt ti.

man my head is hurting a lot i am going to end it here. I need to get off the computer for a bit so I can rest ym head. despite seing all the red lines under words I feel like I am going to pass out if I keep continuing to write.

Hang in there. Find a good lawyer (they don't charge but take a percentage when you win). Took me 5 years but then they had to pay me retroactive so nice check to get caught up.
Good luck and (((gentle hugs)))

Have you ever been screened for bipolar disorder? Age has no limit to screening. I was diagnosed when I was 63 and I should have tried to get help before then. Fibro by itself might not be enough for a disabled diagnosis but look at your other ailments but combined it could possibly get you a diagnosis. Good luck.

It took me almost 4 years to get approved and had to appeal it and go to a court hearing.
When they looked into seeing if there were any jobs I could do,the guy couldn't find anything.
The judge pretty much said I was approved during the hearing and we mostly just talked about other things,not my disability. I had a lawyer who asked 1 question and I done the rest on my own. Not sure why I even had a lawyer for come to think of it. Probably a rare case for them.
It still took a few months after the hearing to get the first check and several months for the backpay.
Expect a long wait time to get a hearing and then a few months for a decision. Good luck

I went through 5 years of fighting for disability. It was crazy, had to find a doctor that was a patient advocate and tests and more doctors. That was 1991 for me a crazy time.

I went through 5 years of fighting for disability. It was crazy, had to find a doctor that was a patient advocate and tests and more doctors. That was 1991 for me a crazy time.
Do they ask for any documentation every year?

I was approved at the end of 2017 and haven't had a review yet and I was an MIE (Medical Improvement Expected) category which will change since I have since had a heart attack and surgery and needing another surgery for more stents. I think covid has played a roll in not getting any reviews yet for me but they do them randomly and they were also 2 years behind on reviews last I checked. I'm sure it's much longer now and by the time they get to me I'll be even worse off.
I try not to worry but it's in the back of my mind. I know I can't work,my doctors said I can't work but it's ultimately up to what SSA decides what's best for you.

I feel bad for all of you trying to get SSI disability, and it makes me angry for you, too. For someone who is already having such a hard time to have to jump through multiple hoops, and then wait and wait to even get an answer is really shameful. It should not be so hard. They will say it's because of fraud they make it hard but I'd be willing to bet a very small percentage of people applying are trying to commit fraud. Someone wanting to scam a system would pick something easier! I wish it could be improved, but knowing how things work in this country, I don't really expect it to.

Just wanted to say you all have my sympathy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back