Distinguished member
Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
I wonder if you guys have any recommendations for apps or games? I was thinking of something that would provide brain exercise and fun at the same time. I read a lot of books already, and sometimes I just want to lie down and tap on my phone. Any recommendations are appreciated. Many thanks!

Jemima

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
It's not really brain training - more for relaxation and creative thought - but I recommend Lumenate! It uses the torchlight on your smartphone to deliver stroboscopic light therapy. You run it with your eyes closed, after getting comfy in a dark room, and most people experience beautiful colourful visuals. The idea is that the light pulses trigger favourable neuronal firing. The full app is premium, but the free version has a 10 minute "Relaxed Exploration" session, and a 15 minute "Achieving Your Goals" session that you can access as many times as you like. Something a bit different - I love it!

Flexecif

Distinguished member
Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
Wow, that's something new. Gotta try it. Sounds like something I'd love. Thanks so much!

Jemima

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
You're welcome!

Ooh, I also play chess on my phone - I like the Lichess app because it has such a big community - you can either play a bot or against real people.

You could jump on Duolingo and learn a new language, too. Somewhere in this forum, I was reading a thread about how brain training can help to combat fibro fog, so I imagine there may be some cognitive reward to be claimed!

humordopey

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
01/2019
Country
US
State
CA
I love playing chess online too. Some crosswords as well. And don't laugh, but I'm fond of tic tac toe as well.

Flexecif

Distinguished member
Reason
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
Those are good games. Why would I laugh. I appreciate the recommendations guys. I recently discovered wordscapes. It's a challenging and addictive word game.

kait0220

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
VA
Okay this isn't a puzzle or brain game, but if you want to relax, I love games like Harvest Town or Stardew Valley. Basically a cute little farm/living simulator. It's chill and adorable. And it occupies your mind and gets you thinking and strategizing without realizing it.