Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Canada
I wonder if you guys have any recommendations for apps or games? I was thinking of something that would provide brain exercise and fun at the same time. I read a lot of books already, and sometimes I just want to lie down and tap on my phone. Any recommendations are appreciated. Many thanks!

It's not really brain training - more for relaxation and creative thought - but I recommend Lumenate! It uses the torchlight on your smartphone to deliver stroboscopic light therapy. You run it with your eyes closed, after getting comfy in a dark room, and most people experience beautiful colourful visuals. The idea is that the light pulses trigger favourable neuronal firing. The full app is premium, but the free version has a 10 minute "Relaxed Exploration" session, and a 15 minute "Achieving Your Goals" session that you can access as many times as you like. Something a bit different - I love it!

Wow, that's something new. Gotta try it. Sounds like something I'd love. Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

Ooh, I also play chess on my phone - I like the Lichess app because it has such a big community - you can either play a bot or against real people.

You could jump on Duolingo and learn a new language, too. Somewhere in this forum, I was reading a thread about how brain training can help to combat fibro fog, so I imagine there may be some cognitive reward to be claimed!

I love playing chess online too. Some crosswords as well. And don't laugh, but I'm fond of tic tac toe as well.

Those are good games. Why would I laugh. I appreciate the recommendations guys. I recently discovered wordscapes. It's a challenging and addictive word game.

Okay this isn't a puzzle or brain game, but if you want to relax, I love games like Harvest Town or Stardew Valley. Basically a cute little farm/living simulator. It's chill and adorable. And it occupies your mind and gets you thinking and strategizing without realizing it.

I'm sorry that I did not learn to play chess when I was younger, worth thinking about but may be too much for me now. @Jemima I've tried Lumenate, very interesting, will play it in the evenings this week and see what happens.

I'm sorry that I did not learn to play chess when I was younger, worth thinking about but may be too much for me now. @Jemima I've tried Lumenate, very interesting, will play it in the evenings this week and see what happens.
It seemed to allow something to click in my brain that had otherwise been eluding me... I hope you find it helpful too!

Hello Flexecif.
I definitely read a lot too, and I highly recommend the game Wordscapes. It is free and a lot like Scrabble.

All sound good to try. I like bee brilliant, cookie cats and the bubble version, all fairly easy but fun and like a Tetris style I like magic nightfall. I also play zombies v plants 2 but sometimes it’s too much for my hands bc it’s a fast paced game. I also heard there’s a fun spider game someone recommended but I haven’t tried that one yet either. Always fun to try new things and maybe use your brain while you’re at it

Wordle & Quordle
Homescapes and Gardenscapes
I miss Vertex but not paying the NYT to play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back