Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I hope to hell they aren't! I love books! I love holding their substance in my hand and turning paper pages.
These new technologies are wondeful and I'm glad I am around to witness and try them but there is no replacement for a book you can hold in your hands!:!:

I also enjoy holding a real book in my hands. I don't think the will be obsolete until the baby boomer generation dies. That's a good 30 more years in my opinion. I can't read these e-books. I get tired of staring at screens from work and my leisure surfing so I am not in the mood to read an actual book on a screen.

I don't think books will ever die.
Not for reading and not for writing.
I haven't the concentration to read my sci fi novels so much now but i still enjoy getting one out once in a while and turning the pages and reading a bit. I used to be a heavy duty reader soaking up a book in a night or two.
I tried keeping a diary on my tablet app but it just didn't do it for me, no matter how bad my hands feel i still prefer the tactile experience of pen on paper.
As for future generations, its still bring a smile to my face when I see 20 somethings with a proper paper book, and believe me- i've seen quite a few so there is still hope for the good old paperback :)

I used to feel this way (witnessed by the number of books I have stored here and on my shelf to still read) *BUT* I have to say that having all of my books on my Kindle Fire all in one place totally changed my mind about it.

I had a regular Kindle first and I didn't like that too well... no graphics, no colors, no book covers... nope, couldn't get used to that. But with the Kindle Fire, the colors and covers are there right like a paper book, so I'd not trade it back for anything now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back