Are Fibromyalgia and CFS similar or linked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckybecks

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
SA
State
EC
Over the last 15 years I've had many tests with questionable diagnoses.

Adrenal inflammation
Fibromyalgia
Adrenal insufficiency
Chronic fatigue syndrome

I've been given vitamins and supplements and tried to live a healthy lifestyle. But I'm no better.

I also have chronic anxiety and after a stressful event I'll get a flare-up which feels like I'm coming down with flu; sore throat, extreme fatigue, body aches and pains, low grade.

It comes and goes, sometime symptoms last a few weeks then disappear for a while.

Anyone else get this strange flu-like feeling? If so how do you treat yourself?

Hi Beckybecks, I don't know if CFS and FM are formally linked, but they have many similarities and many people who have one, have the other. People diagnosed with CFS often also have chronic pain, and almost everyone with FM has chronic fatigue. Personally I think there's an overlap, but I am no expert or doctor. Some people with FM have the flu=like symptoms you mention.

The best thing you can do for yourself is work to get your anxiety down as best you can, since that is obviously a heavy contributing factor for you (and it is also for everyone else). Have you tried different things to reduce the stress and anxiety in your life? I am specifically Not meaning drugs, but other methods? I have some suggestions for stress-reduction, and a lot of other suggestions for ways to take care of yourself and manage this in the post:
My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)
Read it and let me know what you think. Try a few things (or all of them) and ask any questions you may have. All of us here are here to help, and other people here also have very good ideas and advice.
Best of luck to you!

Thank you very much. I've read all that you wrote and it makes perfect sense. I'm going to make a big effort to follow your suggestions

Good to hear, Becky. Come here any time if you have questions or need support.

Hi - I get the flu-feeling after stress down & often gone by cold washing (wrists, arms, if necessary thighs) or cold showering and a breath-holding exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back