Are migraines and headaches part of fibromyalgia? How many people with fibromyalgia get migraines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@uhuru are fibromyalgia and autism connected ?i filled questionnaires in months ago and a got a reply from the integrated team and the more I’ve spoke to them the more it seems a possibility I may have autism I’m waiting for my proper diagnosis it’s been put on hold due to outbreak, but yes migraines are a part of it.
To my knowledge there is no connection between autism and fibromyalgia, and no studies have been done on this.

If you are on the autism spectrum it is an entirely separate issue, and shouldn't make your fibro any worse or anything like that. Unfortunately autism is also very often misunderstood, but if you have support and do a lot of your own research into the subject you can learn a lot about it that will help you with that as well. Many autistic people accomplish great things; some say they are glad for it because it makes them able to focus well on something. No matter what, being on that spectrum is nothing anyone should ever put you down for...it's just another way of being in, and experiencing, the world.

That’s what the integrated team said when they phoned me i just think of people I like who’ve got it like Albert Einstein Susan Boyle and daryl Hannah then I feel better .

Also Temple Grandin. Look her up, she's written some great books.

Hey Auriel! If you’re on Facebook, check out Autism Inclusivity. It’s intended as a place for adult Autistics to educate parents of autistic children, but it’s a great place to start for information and to get some contacts. Also, Neurodivergent Rebel on various platforms. I consider myself neurodivergent (not autistic but somewhere on that spectrum) and my son is autistic. We both have migraines and my daughter and I have Fibro. I have found that a lot of the negative symptoms that autistics talk about (sensory sensitivities) are similar to what is talked about in Fibro and migraine forums. I think perhaps we have very sensitive, overactive neuro systems in common (my completely uneducated guess 🙂).

This is very interesting I’ve read a few posts about it on here .the intergrated team said autism can be caused by a birth trauma being born too early/underweight and some other things I have all of those things,I’m sure I read something about fibromyalgia and autism before.

I get loads of migraines too.i read a thing once(not on here) about fibro having similar symptoms to temporal lobe non seizure epilepsy I think we’ve all got similar symptoms maybe different causes.theres 1 thing I’m sure of WE ALL WANT IT GONE!

How many people with fibromyalgia have headaches or migraines? I am sensitive to light both because of epilepsy, probably because of fibromyalgia as well, and because of being on the autism spectrum so I don't really know what causes what.
I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and severe migraines at the age of 14. The migraines are terrible that come with Fibromyalgia

This is very interesting I’ve read a few posts about it on here .the intergrated team said autism can be caused by a birth trauma being born too early/underweight and some other things I have all of those things,I’m sure I read something about fibromyalgia and autism before.
@Auriel will you point me to the information that states fibromyalgia is similar to dysfunction of the temporal lobe? I would appreciate it.

It was something I found on google ,I go On rampage now and and again to find causes and cures till I end up going in circles ,I’ve googled so much about this condition ,it seems like the more I google my more questions it brings up cos I’ve had it 15 years I’ve googled a “lot”do you have any other conditions with it squaregirl?

Squaregirl I’m gonna bed now ,I’ll be back on tomorrow (this has become my second home😊)I wasn’t specifically looking for t.l.s I just happened on when I was googling causes of fibro and there’s a List of them anyway hope your ok and your migraines are lessening night for now x

It was something I found on google ,I go On rampage now and and again to find causes and cures till I end up going in circles ,I’ve googled so much about this condition ,it seems like the more I google my more questions it brings up cos I’ve had it 15 years I’ve googled a “lot”do you have any other conditions with it squaregirl?
Just want to say........remember that you cannot believe or trust everything you read on the internet. Even highly trained medical doctors and researchers know very little about fibromyalgia, and there has not been scientific research that links fibro and autism, or at least none I know of. On fact there has been very little research done on fibro at all.
Unless something has been thoroughly researched and peer-reviewed, it is not information you can trust to be true.

In pubmed-studies there are only scant/slight connections: Similarities of some less defining symptoms like brain fog or inflammation as perhaps contributing to the cause of the disease. The brain fog idea reminds me of the (self-admittedly) badly constructed study claiming that I think it was about 45% of fibromites have adult ADHD, just because both have brain fog and adult ADHD criteria do not include hyperactivity. o_O
It's not that little research is done on fibro - in 2021 almost 500 studies were published on pubmed alone - it's that this research is on a very low level, hardly bringing any results, so we still only know that we don't know much, it still remains much of a mystery, despite many efforts all over the world.

Yes it’s a mystery a very “persistent”one .i gave up googling potential causes a while ago cos It ended up doing my head in cos there were too many choices . Now I’ll just google now and again to see if they’ve found a cure yet.its more psychologically healthy for me

Auriel - Sorry to say that looking if they have a cure yet will be just as frustrating... Fibro is so diverse and their progress is so tiny that I'm guessing they'll need 20 years or more to find things which could be called a cure, and when they do I'm pretty certain it won't be one, they'll vary. So it's a tough one for people who need "one" answer ;-). That's also the problem of evidence based medicine vs. fibro: "Evidence" means they want to find something that fits everyone or at least a lot of people. Their workaround may have to be to find subgroups to which 'one' answer applies. Or they may 'crack their teeth on this nut' (i.e. it may be too hard for them) and so become more flexible.

What would be less frustrating to research whilst following everything in sunkacola's advice post is to follow up the experiences of others you read by trying more and more of the types of treatments that would seem to suit your body best. So not one cure, not even many, but many potential types of a bit of help - again pretty head-doing, sorry! :cool: By doing this we are working at helping them find something. And: we'll also probably be the first to know. There are a few people out there claiming to have found the cure or being on their way there, but we can put a lot of that to proof with our experience and - prove it false. A rare example where we have to skeptically wait is the cytokine-theory with the BCG-vaccine as a potential development...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back