Are there different forms of fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from what I've learned through this forum, fibro tends to treat everyone a little bit differently. Some remedies help some people, but do nothing for other people. Some people hurt so severely that they can't even walk or move their limbs, while others have full function, but are just in pain. I know that for me fibromyalgia is a symptom of my deeper root issues, but for other people it may be the root issue itself. It's hared to say.

Also, there are many health issues that act like fibromyalgia. It's often misdiagnosed, because doctors really don't understand it well enough.

So, different forms? Possibly. I just know that it's a personal struggle for everyone, and it's hard to relate exactly to anyone else with it.

Thanks. It's complicated for sure it seems

From my experience and reading a lot posts in this forum... it seems there is only one form of fibro, but as Siderea said, fibro treats everyone so differently. I consider myself lucky because I don't have a flare up that often, but I know people who are on pain meds 24/7 the whole year and are just restless! Some even use morphine! My pain has gotten worse compared to when I was just a teen, so I don't know how long this will last, but will try to make the most out of it!

I think this is definitely a good question because I don't hurt the same way other Fibro sufferers do. Like for instance, Fibromyalgia is based off whether you have atleast 11 of the 18 tender points on your body. I keep poking at these points to see if I can experience the, "Ohhhh! Don't touch me there" pain. I don't. So I thought maybe that I may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome versus Fibromyalgia. I mean you hear about some people who can't stand to be touched, hugged, or any of that because it is much too painful. The pain I experience is chronic tendon, joint, and muscle pain. There are spots on my body that do hurt to touch but it is not in the areas that Fibro sufferers are diagnosed with. So I am wondering if I have it at all to be honest with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back