Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
NY
Hi. I have a major case of generalized anxiety disorder, restless leg syndrome, and moderate depression, if that matters. My doctor also says I have PTSD due to my witnessing at 5 yrs of age my mom taking a bottle of pills and saying she wanted to die because my father, whom she was married to for 24 years, the man who beat her, threw her down 2 flights of stairs, nearly killing her, the man who beatall of us kids, wanted a divorce. As a grown woman I am stunned at her reaction, but as the child I called the police, mom was then 5150'd and every nightmare I have ever had in my entire adult life has taken place in that house. I only share this with you, something I haven't even told my closest friends, only my husband, because I felt context was needed here. I have read that Fibro is often associated with these conditions.

Anyway, moving on, my "Fibro" symptoms that I occasionally have felt this summer are:

1. Feels exactly like tiny bee stings on my legs, where I would quickly rip off my jeans and of course nothing was there. That's happened about 4 times this summer. The feeling only lasted for a few seconds. After the first time though, I knew there was no reason to look again when I felt it.

2. Then I had a pain that only lasted for a day or so, on the outside of my right thigh. It felt bruised when I touched it, but there was no bruise or injury. The next day it was gone, never to return. I only even knew it was there because I was pulling on my jeans for the day and my thumb bumped up against that pain.

3. Now since April, I've had a case of Tennis Elbow that comes and goes on my right elbow. It was BAD when it first appeared, really bad! But now it only comes back every once in awhile, but not nearly as painful.

4. I've twice now felt like I was being burned by little hot pokers, which those only lasted a few seconds.

These are all minor symptoms, I know, but I was just wondering if I was heading in the Fibro direction. I do have Hashimoto's, and I was diagnosed with Limited Scleroderma last week, but I have zero symptoms of that. The diagnosis was just based on lab work from a routine ANA blood test.

About 12 years ago I had a positive ANA, but never developed Lupus. I asked for this recent ANA blood test because I was wondering if my elbow pain was RA. Turns out it wasn't.

Do any of you think these are very early symptoms of Fibro? I'm only asking out of curiosity. I know I could just have Tennis Elbow, and my Hashimotos could cause those hot pricks and occasional muscle pain I get. I thought maybe you all could step in and offer insight. Thanks so much.

Some of those symptoms do resemble some fibro symptoms, but not exactly. The only one who could tell for sure is the rheumatologist. My fibro started with headaches and mild pain in my joints and muscles. But the disease is different for everybody.

With my fibro, I have lots of muscle aches, and trigger point pain just about anywhere around my body. My skin can feel sore just brushing against it. At times I have spasms in muscles that make me flinch. I take gabapentin for it, and that helps a lot. It was my rhuematologist that diagnosed it.

1. Feels exactly like tiny bee stings on my legs, where I would quickly rip off my jeans and of course nothing was there. That's happened about 4 times this summer. The feeling only lasted for a few seconds. After the first time though, I knew there was no reason to look again when I felt it.

2. Then I had a pain that only lasted for a day or so, on the outside of my right thigh. It felt bruised when I touched it, but there was no bruise or injury. The next day it was gone, never to return. I only even knew it was there because I was pulling on my jeans for the day and my thumb bumped up against that pain.

Well last night I felt that little mites were crawling all over my leg and nothing was there, so I agree with the stings it could be. even as I type now, I get sting like feeling on my foot. this is probably due to hypersensitivity.
Fibro does get me weird pains all over. According to the context you have put across I have a feeling that all this is linked to something more and I'll create a separate thread for that, but yes even I had a ptsd and maybe these pains are manifestations of what is really troubling you within.

I have had tennis and golf elbow and have had shots for each at times over the 25 or so years I have had fibro
This from the Rheumotologist , I have also had sore hands and fingers, with swelling that is caused by
arthritis. Restless leg is common in fibro, Some of the other symptoms you mention seem vague and like other things sometimes
one never knows why, i.e...bee stings, i have had over my years had sharp, knife like stabs quick stabs up the vagina
don't know what would cause it and maybe never will, haven't pinned down anything quite like that in Fibro
Best wishes

No it doesn't sound like fibro to me, but I could be wrong. So sorry to hear about your childhood, sometimes it is better to talk and get it out, and that's what makes this Forum special.

I have had tennis and golf elbow and have had shots for each at times over the 25 or so years I have had fibro
This from the Rheumotologist , I have also had sore hands and fingers, with swelling that is caused by
arthritis. Restless leg is common in fibro, Some of the other symptoms you mention seem vague and like other things sometimes
one never knows why, i.e...bee stings, i have had over my years had sharp, knife like stabs quick stabs up the vagina
don't know what would cause it and maybe never will, haven't pinned down anything quite like that in Fibro
Best wishes

Man, so sorry to hear you have both golfer and tennis elbow! That's just very unfortunate! I know because have tennis elbow and by just writing this i feel pain. So yeah, can't imagine what it must be like to have both! Btw, how do you find some relief? I never seem to find relief with mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back