Not open for further replies.

cinderr

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
WI
I have always suffered from chronic constipation but it seems much worse now. Do you have that as a symptom of fibro? I live with it and devour fiber bars--what else can I do?:twisted:

You're so funny, cinderr :) I do suffer from constipation, but I don't think fibro is causing it... I think it's mostly my IBS and colitis acting up. I haven't been constipated in a while, but it's just a matter of time. I'm eating so healthy during most of the week, but I feel kinda sad because I might have to give up carbs very soon :( Anyways, if you're having constipation issues, then you should really try drinking some papaya juice in the moring and before going to bed. I sweat that juice makes wonders!

You can get some psyllium as well, just add 2 spoons to a glass of water and mix it a little bit. Then drink it, afterwards you must drink two glasses of water. You should see an improvement after that. This should be done after dinner time. It works :) I actually take that every night, but if that fails... well the papaya juice will be there to help!

I have suffered with constipation due to IBS for years. My abdominal pain and constipation are worse lately and I just had a CT done on my ab and it shows my cecum is redundant. That explains a lot of my problems. Fibre bars/Metamucil all give me gas/bloating/pain and no relief. I try to drink a smoothie every couple days and that seems to help. I use kale or spinach in my smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit/yogurt and fruit juice.

I have suffered with constipation due to IBS for years. My abdominal pain and constipation are worse lately and I just had a CT done on my ab and it shows my cecum is redundant. That explains a lot of my problems. Fibre bars/Metamucil all give me gas/bloating/pain and no relief. I try to drink a smoothie every couple days and that seems to help. I use kale or spinach in my smoothies with fresh or frozen fruit/yogurt and fruit juice.

Hi Tina! Have you tried eating papaya daily? I know how hard it is to deal with constipation caused by IBS... one of the very few things that have truly worked for me was papaya. Try drinking a papaya juice daily :) You could drink one for breakfast and another one for dinner, you can experiment a little bit.

I think anyone who is constipated can easily solve the problem. Avoid carbohydrates except in natural foods like beans. Drink lots of water. Center your meals around fruit, beans and greek food. Eat more spinach and lettuce. Eat less Italian in general.

Whatever it is that helps your chronic constipation, keep it up! Do what ever it takes to expel the waste. If you don't, your bottom will literally fall outside of your rectum! Happened to me and it was freaky! I had to have surgery for a rectal prolapse and it was no pic-a-nic! Five years later, the darn thing is coming back--my advice? Don't strain, the doctor told me not to linger! How on earth does one not linger when they have to poop? Doubling over in pain and not being able to produce, very unfun!
Clearly, I need a better diet; one to include fruits and veggies, not chocolate and potato chips!

Without exaggerating, i drink a case of water a day--why doesn't it help me? I can't poop and am loaded with wrinkles!

Possibly but I haven't shook it in a lifetime. I don't eat properly so it may be my own fault. No one can say they drink more water than me, though. I truly drink a case of bottled water a day. This goes back to the sjogren's, constant thirst and dry eyes, dry everything in fact.
The fact remains that I don't eat fruits or veggies, at all. No wonder I am overweight and probably very unhealthy. I am trying to improve on this.

I actually am constipated a lot now, but I think it has more to do with my pregnancy as opposed to anything else! It's weird because I eat a lot more now than I did before, and a lot healthier, but I don't go to the bathroom as much. It's really annoying especially when I have to go into my bi-weekly weigh-ins at the OB office because I'm sure I weigh a few pounds heavier!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back