As I age into my 50s, I feel more hopeless.

CancerSignFibro

Hi
I have spent most of my adult life fighting this dreaded condition without much relief and it feels like the years of wear and tear are taking a toll. I am
getting so stiff and sore and hurting just doing nothing that it is intolerable. Now my teeth are getting affected and I just slowly feel like any joy is slipping away.
What in the World has caused so many to get this darn condition? Sorry for venting. Just needed a place where maybe someone gets it. Tim

Jemima

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Hi
I have spent most of my adult life fighting this dreaded condition without much relief and it feels like the years of wear and tear are taking a toll. I am
getting so stiff and sore and hurting just doing nothing that it is intolerable. Now my teeth are getting affected and I just slowly feel like any joy is slipping away.
What in the World has caused so many to get this darn condition? Sorry for venting. Just needed a place where maybe someone gets it. Tim
I'm sorry you're feeling so battle worn, Tim. You definitely don't need to apologise for venting - we really do need that periodically. I also find myself asking sometimes why this is happening to so many people - stealing vitality for no good reason. But you're certainly not alone; there's a little bit of comfort in knowing that so many of us are in this together.

The teeth thing is a real insult added to injury, isn't it?! I hope you manage to find something that helps, and that any damage done is not too extensive.

The feeling that joy is slipping away is always a red flag that depression is taking hold, so perhaps explore what you might be able to do to tackle that specifically. This is a fight with many fronts - as I'm sure you know all too well - which can be overwhelming, but also means that we can at least approach it from a lot of different angles. I wish you every luck in finding some new form of relief in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, feel free to vent whenever you want to 🌼

CancerSignFibro

Thanks Jemima. Its so hard to wake up in pain, be in pain, try to sleep in pain. I never get one moment pain free. It is always there! I have a feeling this is some kind of immune reaction to an environmental toxin. Just my hunch. Thx 🙏 for reply!

FibroCFS_Jeff

Tim - thanks for being honest and venting. We all need a place to do that and it helps when there are people who actually understand. I’m just behind you at 47 with fibro, chronic fatigue and some other not welcome gifts that have caused me to deteriorate rapidly the past couple years. Keep going brother. Please vent any time. Jeff

Jemima

Distinguished member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2019
Country
PT
Thanks Jemima. Its so hard to wake up in pain, be in pain, try to sleep in pain. I never get one moment pain free. It is always there! I have a feeling this is some kind of immune reaction to an environmental toxin.
Tim, have you come across the website Living Smarter With Fibromyalgia? The owner, Lisa, runs a clinic that focuses on fibro. She talks a lot about environmental toxins and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) as a common co-condition of fibromyalgia. You might find some of her videos (mostly shared on facebook) and blogs on the topic interesting.