Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2005
Country
US
State
TX
So many of us deal with pain, disappointment, grief over the loss of our future expectations, the friendships and other loved ones we've lost as a result of this condition, our ability to make money, etc., and I wondered how others express it.

Some in my family have drawing/painting talent, but I don't have that. I've been told that I should write a book about my life, that I have a compelling story to tell. I used to think I would do that, but right now, I'm mired in the muck, and am unable to see beyond the borders of the hole I'm in, so a book seems overwhelming.

I do make lists to help show myself that despite the negative circumstances, I am slowly making improvements, and that there is hope for the future. I'm thinking I might try doing a little writing, just jotting things down at first, emotions and such, to get them out of my head and onto paper. I'm not sure I'll ever share them with anyone, but I think it would help to purge my soul somehow, and put my thoughts and feelings down on paper, so to speak, although it would probably be via electronic means since writing with a pen/pencil tends to hurt.

What about you? Do you have any artistic talent? Is there some way in which you express your pain, grief, etc., in order to help yourself feel better, or to communicate your feelings to others?

I don't record my feelings or emotions though am the artistic type. One reason for this is the fact that I tend to share my feelings and agonies with a sympathetic ear especially those whe are undergoing similar experiences. This way, I can draw strength from the feeling of camaraderie and gain from learning their coping mechanisms.

Since I am moving to the Netherlands soon, and they have cheap stores like the ''Action''. I think I might start drawing and painting more :) I was talking about it yesterday, about how I think that will help me deal with my stress, frustration and even my depression. I tried it in the past, but this kind of artistic outlet is really expensive where I live! The materials and such but in the Netherlands is not. I will definitely try it :) Everyone should have a hobby they love and can afford.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back