Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
So the last few days have been really bad.i couldn't even walk my daughter to school with out almost crying.
I rung my dr who told me to go back on the tramadol. But not everyday.i must say an hour after taking them the pain was so much better.
As most of u know .i hate taking them but it's the only thing that helps.I'm no good to my 3 year old walking around like I'm 90.
I guess it's better the devil u no then one u don't.

I know how you feel. I have gone through the Tramadol gauntlet and graduated to narcotics in the morphine family every day. Now even the narcotics aren't helping (I don't like taking them either, but I have to in order to function even slightly). I honestly don't think that my main doctor that is treating me believes me, or maybe she just doesn't believe the extent of what I'm feeling and going through. It is very frustrating and depressing to not be able to live your life without feeling like you're 90 (I feel same way). Have you tried any other meds that work or help at all?

I understand I have been on Tramadol for a longtime and it does help.

Uhg, I'm sorry devilstompa. It's such a catch 22. I do t recall why you don't want tramadoll (I have fibro lol) but Chronic pain in itself is damaging and your daughter will only want you walking with her for so long. I believe I personally would choose the tramadoll if that was my best option to function and enjoy life what I could.

Does it upset your system? Build a tolerance to quick? I don't think I've ever taken it so I'm not that familiar with it. I know a lot of people on this sight take it.

In a way i am pleased you have gone back to it Forgetmenot because i know its helped you a lot on the past...i do get your concerns but oh that feeling when the pain lifts is so amazing.

Have you ever had cocodamol 30/500. I ask because its what i take and kind of the last milder opiate based thing before upping to morphine types of meds.

It barely helps me and I wondered if you had experience of prescription cocodamol versus tramadol.

I'm sorry you had to go back to it, I understand why you wanted to stop taking it. I think you are right, though, enjoy your time with your little girl

Uhg, I'm sorry devilstompa. It's such a catch 22. I do t recall why you don't want tramadoll (I have fibro lol) but Chronic pain in itself is damaging and your daughter will only want you walking with her for so long. I believe I personally would choose the tramadoll if that was my best option to function and enjoy life what I could.

Does it upset your system? Build a tolerance to quick? I don't think I've ever taken it so I'm not that familiar with it. I know a lot of people on this sight take it.

Oh good gosh forgetmenot, I think this is the second time I've addressed you by the wrong user name!!! I was thinking about a post devilstompa has in alternative for pain relief when I was typing (I think it's because you used the devil word and my brain just scatters to easy!). Anyway I'm sorry.

Hehe eyesup that's Fibro fog for you. And willow I've had them but they bung me up so bad I can't go toilet for days and days. And they don't last as well.

Uhg, not much you can do to up the staying power. Do you take a good fiber? Also, uping your magnissium at bed time helps a lot. If you've already tried those two with no luck try a quarter teaspoon on epsin salt in 8oz of water give it a half hour and if nothing repeat. (Don't plan on leaving the house any time soon and don't do this if it's been more then two days). I prefer to triple up my magnissium at the fist sign. I have on again of again problems with getting backed up.

Whether we like it or not we need to take some strong meds in order to get relief.

Have you ever had cocodamol 30/500. I ask because its what i take and kind of the last milder opiate based thing before upping to morphine types of meds.

Yes I have they don't touch me for more then an hour. And I can't go to the toilet on them.x

I have tried every option over the years, trying to find anything that didn't require me popping pills all day to stay moving. Tramadol does constipate me, which requires I eat fruit every day religiously, but is the best thing I found. I was fed up with not being able to move. Do what u can to have some kind of life. Be happy u are being treated and have meds to help. I went 20 years in pain, no treatment, no meds to help. So much of my life I missed. Don't regret what u couldn't do with your child.

Forgetmenot - Could you share the reasons why you went off of tramadol before? I am thinking about taking this for my pain, I'm just sick of not being able to do much all day. Does it help with fatigue? I guess it's all connected - less pain, more energy. I'm currently on Cymbalta and Gabapentin. Prior to taking these my pain level was anywhere between 7 to 10. Now it's 3 to 7. Thank you in advance!

I agree with Eyesup, magnesium helps me go almost daily if I take enough. I also drink a full glass of prune juice that helps me go almost immediately. My fridge is always stocked with prune juice. =)

Last edited:
But being on the Medications changed me, in so many ways. As much as it helps my pain, it has become a major addiction that i can't control. It had caused me to become depressed and selfish and make bad life choices for my family. I want off the meds so bad but i need to find alternative treatments. Im currently taking 180 tramadol and 160 percocet each month. I Also take Cymbalta and gabapentin. The meds are making my life miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back