Reason
DX CP
Diagnosis
01/1992
Country
US
State
MI
I am in so much pain today. Did to much out in the yard yesterday, good to get exercise but, I over did it. I hate it when it is like this, my mind tells me I should be able to do these things but my body says no. I use to be able to do so much in my gardens, crafts, shopping now I feel like I am always on the sideline, everyone around me is doing things and going places... here I am curled up in a ball in pain so bad I could scream.... it hurts everywhere and this time I have nausea. My husband, bless his soul tries to help but all he can do is be patient and that he is. I miss doing things with him and he with me. Never signed up for all this. Thanks for letting me vent.

I fully understand.
I am in a lot of pain today, too.

I have the same problem when I try to do things I used to be able to do with ease. I have found that I have to accept this is now how things are, and I work very hard to pace myself and not get carried away. It's hard, and I have been at this for years, so be kind to yourself. Your mind still hasn't gotten to the point of really accepting limitations; it takes a while.
And, of course, it will never be something you are really happy about.

I find I can still do the things I used to do if I do small amounts at a time and take a lot of breaks, and do not even try on a day when I wake up in pain. It is very unfortunate and annoying. But, I do find that if I can go at things in a way my body accepts, I can still get things done, and that makes me feel good. Even if something that used to take 4 hours now takes three days of short sessions, getting it done is an accomplishment. And accomplishing something always makes me feel good.

Sunkacola, you are so right. Sorry you are in so much pain today. The weather calls for rain and humidity so that causes some of the problems also. I am resting today but, still have a urge to get up and do things....I want though, need to learn my limitations. Feel better.

I’ve put a lot of weight on since having this .and i offen think is it the weight that’s stopping me or the pain,of course it’s both now.don’t get me wrong I’m not so bed u can’t walk or anything,but I’m twice the girl I used to be.
I’m fed up of the same watching ppl have fun and knowing I’m going to suffer for joining in.I have a 9 year old.so sitting around isn’t an option. Your not alone doll chin up xx

Hi sunkacola! I am feeling the after-effects of yesterday's over-ambitious gardening. I never learn. Initially felt refreshed and muscles toned. Next morning I was limp, tired and unmotivated. I don't set "goals", now. That causes disappointment when they're not reached. But I do have an "achievement" calendar on the kitchen wall. This is much more positive. If I've done something constructive beyond the usual daily chores, it gets written down. eg "cleaned the toilet" or "Planted tomato plant". Some days there is simply a :( . Hope this tactic will help others!

Hi sunkacola! I am feeling the after-effects of yesterday's over-ambitious gardening. I never learn. Initially felt refreshed and muscles toned. Next morning I was limp, tired and unmotivated. I don't set "goals", now. That causes disappointment when they're not reached. But I do have an "achievement" calendar on the kitchen wall. This is much more positive. If I've done something constructive beyond the usual daily chores, it gets written down. eg "cleaned the toilet" or "Planted tomato plant". Some days there is simply a :( . Hope this tactic will help others!
Love that. It is a very good way to go about it!
As I say, some of these tactics may seem silly at first....they did to me, anyway. But it is surprising how much they help with your mental attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back