DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2020
Country
AU
State
SA
Hi everybody!
Is anybody or only me, who sometimes are sleep 10 hours constantly most of them daytime and sometimes I can not go to sleep at night at all until the next morning ( 6 am or so)?

With fibro, everyone is different. so there are probably some people whose sleep patterns are like yours, and there are others whose are very different. Mine is completely different. I go to bed early and get up early in the morning.

If you want to change the hours you sleep so that you are sleeping at night, there are ways you can do that. If it works for you, then continue as it is. :)

With fibro, everyone is different. so there are probably some people whose sleep patterns are like yours, and there are others whose are very different. Mine is completely different. I go to bed early and get up early in the morning.

If you want to change the hours you sleep so that you are sleeping at night, there are ways you can do that. If it works for you, then continue as it is. :)
I thought the way I sleep is bad and have to change it, but if you said everybody is different, I do what is working for me. I never was a morning person, when I worked in the army and the travel industry when I was younger I always worked at night or afternoon shift, because even the thought I have to get up early morning made me a bad anxiety attack. After I did not had to work I get up in morning feed my pets, do breakfast etc. and after that went back to bad until 1-2 pm afternoon. That time my sleep was more deeper an when I got up, I felt much more relax. I am going to bad late, because if I am not feel sleepy does not matter what I am doing I can not fall a sleep. My best sleep always the late morning.

I figure, if a person is getting enough sleep, and they are not neglecting things they need to be doing by sleeping during the hours they sleep the best, then what harm is there is sleeping whenever it feels best? We each have our own circadian rhythm, and unless you need to be up all day for some reason, why not sleep whenever you want to.

I agree fully with sunkacola, and it's also my experience to find your own way to get good sleep. Pre-fibro I was always slept well, I went to sleep inside of minutes, got up at most 1-2x per night, could adjust my sleep fairly easily, could cope with 6-7h for a while, then started targeting 8h for years. When fibro built up I just started getting very tired at 9pm or earlier, couldn't manage to go out late any more, like dancing for an hour. Then fibro completely changed that inside a very short time, getting up 6-9x every night, struggling, not knowing how to get a restorative night, and slowly bit by bit managed to find my own way. Looking at the normal sleep hygiene recommendations, e.g. my laptops are on night shift from 16:00/4.m. to 9am, but adapting them, e.g. sometimes sleeping for 2h in the afternoons without seeing it make my nights worse.
The main aim for me is to get my sleep as restorative as possible. And that has sometimes meant getting up for an hour or two or three at night until I'm tired again - without bashing myself for it in any way - or instead to use yoga nidra as pseudo-sleep, esp. if I need or want to be up in the morning. If you can sleep 10 hours then unlike me you will not need to find supps to make you more tired without zombifying. And as this sleep seems restorative, you will not need to find triggers that prevent that.
Sounds as if you are doing great with sleep, and I'd then ignore anyone who says it's bad for your health. So try changing this attitude first, accepting it as it is. And I'd only adapt it, if you then feel the need yourself.

thanks for a good advice, I think you guys completely right. I always worried what people think or say, I am very lazy or stuff. My husband don't mind what hours I am sleeping if I feel Ok after . and this is the main thing.

We all have so many "shoulds".
You "should" always work hard.
You "should" always sleep at night and be active in the day
You "should" be a Productive Member Of society (and that means, Making Money and Spending It)
You "should" never complain or gripe or say you are too tired

And.....you can add your own, because you all know what I mean.
I personally don't believe in "Shoulds". Which doesn't mean I don't "should" myself at times, too, because it is ingrained in modern society, at least in most places.

And of course, there are actually things one should do, like being honest. Part of that is being true to ourselves.

I think it's worth while to examine our "shoulds" to see if it is something we really need to do or not do, or if it is something that society wherever you live is telling you that doesn't really need to be obeyed in your circumstances, or even cannot be, and you can be an OK person anyway. More than OK, you can help others or help animals or make something beautiful or useful or be an inspiration or a friend or both.

Or not.
There are many ways to be. We don't all have to do it all.
And, here you are. You really do not have to Do anything to justify your existence.

One of my favorite quotes comes from Mother Teresa, and goes like this:
" You do not have to do great work. Just do small work with great love."

I've been diagnosed with FM for 3 years now and my sleep patterns are all over the place.
I can sleep for 16 hours and wake up exhausted or sleep for a few hours at a time, day or night.
I am currently taking 50mg Quetiapine and 10mg Escitaloparam/ Lexapro, which has helped somewhat but I still have bad nights.
I've also found it helpful to put down the phone/tablet/computer at least 2 hours before I retire so my brain relaxes. I have tried Mindfulness techniques too, but have not had any success with them...

Hi ! I ma sorry for your sleep patterns, but completely understand, because mine is all over, like yours. Now I leave myself go to sleep when I feel like it. Because I am not working I can do that, but if you have a daily routine this is more difficult. I sometimes read in bed and this is the same if I watch Tw or I am no computer. If you don't have to go in time in morning or afternoon, leave yourself go to sleep when you feel like it. I tried meditation but it did not worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back