barometric pressure and flare-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes cold makes mine flair up like crazy. 🥶 So now I just watch the snow from inside 🔥

Awww + smooches back 😗 some 🍫 and a 🤗 x x x

Your the same as me @Looby69 cold gets me every time! ⛄️ 🌨 ❄️

Your the same as me @Looby69 cold gets me every time! ⛄️ 🌨 ❄️
It's awful isn't it @Auriel my body actually jerks when I'm in a flare and cold. This has been my 2 winter with Fibro. The first winter I didn't know it was fibro, this winter I had been diagnosed so wasn't quite as freaked out at how it was making me feel and how difficult the cold made everything. Already I'm dreading the next winter 😕 although that said I have managed to find ways to cope and survive the really cold spells. Every day is about educating yourself when you have this awful and quite often debilitating condition. Happy Friday 😊

Happy Friday! 🙃 yes @Looby69 management is key to this condition and trying to work around it (or with it however you see it) is what we need to do to have some kind of a life, as you say it can be really debilitating so here’s some gloves
🧤🧤and a scarf🧣 keep you warm
💛🧡❤️

Last edited:
Now I’m a happy bunny 😁🐰🌸

Yes, I too have turned into an unofficial weatherman. I watch the weather forecast to try to get an advanced idea what days I may be able to plan any errands or activities. Although, I never know for certain, it does give me a decent chance for being able to plan ahead.

I find winter weather the largest offender, even though I live in a climate in the south with four seasons. After dealing with this for several years now, I decided to make a winter reservation for FL this winter. Then, Covid changed my plans and out of an abundance of caution, I canceled my reservation prior to the cutoff date. I sure would have liked to try the winter in FL to see if that would lessen my winter miserable symptoms. Has anyone else tried relocating to FL to avoid the cold fronts and winter weather? IF so, did it make a significant difference?

I definitely suffer for about a week before a weather change and nothing alleviates the pain and fatigue. It takes a couple of days of complete rest after the weather change to get back to “normal” again where I can function. I can forecast the weather better than the meteorologists!

I definitely suffer for about a week before a weather change and nothing alleviates the pain and fatigue. It takes a couple of days of complete rest after the weather change to get back to “normal” again where I can function. I can forecast the weather better than the meteorologists!
Wow - Hi sismith, and welcome! I spose you need a climate with only occasional weather changes to be able to discern this at all. No chance here, it changes quite a bit every few days, and since climate change even more so... So I'm grateful that the weather doesn't seem to influence me that much, or at least I am schooled in reacting fast. But who knows, praps in a stable climate I wouldn't be in a continual full flare.

I, too, live in the Midwest and my flare-ups are very closely aligned with changes in barometric pressure. I have some pain, but mostly extreme fatigue which makes it difficult to do anything. I found visiting Arizona during the winter months really helps the fibro!!

I, too, live in the Midwest and my flare-ups are very closely aligned with changes in barometric pressure. I have some pain, but mostly extreme fatigue which makes it difficult to do anything. I found visiting Arizona during the winter months really helps the fibro!!
for most people, a warm and dry climate in the winter will help.

I live in Ar. and understand about weather and had hysterectomy at age 30. Am 60 now and thought those night sweats and burning up was over years ago, came back for 4 years finally had blood work done vitamin D was very low. In 2 weeks I was not hot and sweating down 24 hrs a day. Just a thought.

I thought I was the only one that was affected by windy days! Sounds crazy, but it's true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back