Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
NC
Anyone have more trouble with barometric changes? If so, how does it affect you?

I do sometimes, but I don't know if it's fibromyalgia related. The cold weather can be painful, just the shock of the cold from a warm house.

I know long before fibromyalgia the change in seasons would make me feel down, especially summer to autumn and the early days of winter. I think it's called season dysfunction disorder.

Actually, I looked it up, it's:
Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a type of depression that's related to changes in seasons — SAD begins and ends at about the same times every year. If you're like most people with SAD, your symptoms start in the fall and continue into the winter months, sapping your energy and making you feel moody.

Courtesy of mayoclinic.org

Do you find it affects you? Or similar?

Hi. Yes, absolutely Barometric changes affect my Fibro, esp. if the weather changes in a short period of time, i.e - a couple of hours. I live in Vancouver, which has a lot of rain. I find that humidity & if the air is damp, that also bothers me. But-- I find if we have snow for a while, it does not, usually bother my Fibro-- because the snow is dryer than the rain. I also find that when daytime is starting to go into evening, i.e. -around 4 pm, that is when I start to ache as well, I feel it starting across my shoulders, then I am aching, then I look at the clock, & yes it is 4pm.. My body LOVES the dry desert air in Nevada/ Arizona. As soon as I get off the plane, I can feel my whole body going YES!.

Heat and humidity have been my enemies for a few years.
I basically only do AC or the pool in the summer. (And I stay in the pool). I’ve also learned to dress light if I’m going to be in stores in the winter since I usually keep my coat on.

Humidity and heat always get me. I feel terrible and whenever the temp swings or the seasons change I'm almost incapacitated for 1-2 weeks. I feel like I got shoved off a bridge and hit by a full speed train and my body just got ragdolled. It's horrible and these strange winter's we've been having in the Midwest where it swings 20-30 degrees in one day every week is the worst. I notice I function alot better in a drier environment.

Humidity and heat always get me. I feel terrible and whenever the temp swings or the seasons change I'm almost incapacitated for 1-2 weeks. I feel like I got shoved off a bridge and hit by a full speed train and my body just got ragdolled. It's horrible and these strange winter's we've been having in the Midwest where it swings 20-30 degrees in one day every week is the worst. I notice I function alot better in a drier environment.
Anyone have more trouble with barometric changes? If so, how does it affect you?

Hi I'm new to the group although I've had Fibro for about 25 years. I can tell immediately when the barometric pressure either goes up or down, everything immediately aches. I've always mostly had the pain on my left side. Recently it's been bad for months on the back of the neck, and shoulders and arms feel like someone is beating them with a hammer, breasts are very sore (mostly left side), lower back and hips. I used to have long spans without pain, now its mostly all the time, but not so I can't work or function. Anyone else have similar symptoms?

I am fine in heat, which is a good thing because I live in the desert. Cold always makes my physical pain worse, especially if it is damp cold. I could never live on the north coast or where it is chilly and rains a lot; I would just stiffen up into a board! Even here, where it never gets actually what you could reasonably call very cold, it affects me greatly in the winter if we have a cold rain and freezing temperatures overnight. It just makes my body stiffen up all over.
I don't really know about barometric pressure as such - since I have not followed it I don't really know.

When I lived in Montana the humidity is so low and the heat didn't bother me like it does in the Midwest where it's 80 plus percent humidity and in the winter it drops to 20 percent or so. Whenever it rains it affects me also even before it rains I can tell my body starts hurting much worse.

The heat and normal humidity (I live in NC) are my best friends, but if a cold front comes in, I'm toast. And get cold so easily, making my skin feel prickly. I have arthritis and chronic costochondritis, as well, so I have daily pain from them. However, the nerve pain from fibro just magnifies that pain x10. I cannot take any nerve pain meds or NSAIDs and medical marijuana isn't legal here. I just grit my teeth and bear through it.

The heat and normal humidity (I live in NC) are my best friends, but if a cold front comes in, I'm toast. And get cold so easily, making my skin feel prickly. I have arthritis and chronic costochondritis, as well, so I have daily pain from them. However, the nerve pain from fibro just magnifies that pain x10. I cannot take any nerve pain meds or NSAIDs and medical marijuana isn't legal here. I just grit my teeth and bear through it.

Yes it affects me too even a couple of hours before raining. I think it's nothing to do about it.

barometer changes effect me greatly ! the sudden changes are felt a day or two before they happen. the barometer goes up and I have energy and can't sit still even through the pain. the barometer goes down and I am horizontal.

Are there places that have minimal barometric pressure changes and if so, would we all feel better if we lived in those places?
I’m looking to retire in 3-5 years and would like a place where my body felt better without a ton of drugs.

I feel sorry for everyone in this group. The Barometric pressure gives me a head and neck ache every time a new damp system moves in. The fall is horrible. Now with the weird winters Toronto gets the winter is getting bad too. Just like the previous post i would like to retire in a place with minimal barometric change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back