Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I’ve seen the post about weighted blanket.and thought I’d post what I use as someone who can’t stand anything heavy on me at all .
I have the lightest duvet and covers are made out of microfibre .
It’s like sleeping in soft puffy clouds .and it’s warm.it helps when my skin gets so sore .

I'm the same @Forgetmenot I have a 2 tog quilt, but not because of the weight, more because I sweat at the drop of a hat. In bed is the worst, but even after eating a hot meal, I can feel the warmth trying to get out of me.
& also I find that tossing & turning in bed with a heavy cover is energy sapping, the lighter 2 tog I have is so much easier to handle.

Hi Grumpy me to, hot dinner hot tea hot sun,anything starts me off.but this microfibre is as light as a feather .even makes my cotton bedding feel heavy.
I wish I could enjoy the summer but I can’t.
Winter is my heaven now .

I hate all the sweating but I find it helpful to use moisture wicking sheets and clothing. Not the real expensive ones! You can find the sheets as low as 35 to 40 dollars. Even little thing helps.

I find that I sweat when I use microfiber sheets. Sleeping in cotton sheets with a higher thread count work better for me. I tried the weighted blanket and ended up feeling like I was being smothered. I can not sleep in any clothing and use a sheet and light quilt to cover myself. I have a light blanket folded and placed across my lower part of my legs. The extra light weight across my legs seems to calm any leg activity. I can see our preferred bedding is as varied as our treatments.

After wanting to test not cold showering before bed for the first time in seemingly months, I got a hot flash after 2h, cold showered for 1 min. and could immediately sleep again. How does your heating up react to cold showering (or cold washing)?

After wanting to test not cold showering before bed for the first time in seemingly months, I got a hot flash after 2h, cold showered for 1 min. and could immediately sleep again. How does your heating up react to cold showering (or cold washing)?
That's so interesting. I wrote off cold showers a while back after feeling that they stressed me more than helped, but now I'm on slightly more level footing I might try again. In my head, it seems like it should work as a kind of sensorial reset - for a while at least - but one still has to convince oneself to do it! ❄️

one still has to convince oneself to do it!
:p 🥶 - since people are skeptical about it or it doesn't seem to help some, I'd never recommend, just suggest, altho people like Wim Hof propagate it as if it's the one and all.
My sleep lab psychiatrist explains the great effect on me partly with the Gate Theory (the cold limits the pain felt), but also inflammatory things being washed away, and actually there are studies with evidence that cryotherapy balances the cytokines that may be involved in FM, according to the "autoimmune" explanation of FM, which since then I believe may be relevant to my type of FM (as well as others).
I’d agree with the sensory reset idea too tho, since it is also good for any unrest, esp. in my lower back, for the irritation of insect bites (patting not rubbing after of course!). I think cold & then warm bed also helps my circulation and hot & cold flashes to reset. But a main reason is also the 'thought reset', getting my brain down from any racing or ruminating thoughts.
If I were stressed by it, I'd keep it even shorter, 20'', like I usually do at night. Or I'd just do my legs, feet to thighs, and see how that goes. I do actually sometimes just cold wash, e.g. hands to elbows directly, or using a flannel/washcloth. But it's not quite as effective for resetting.
(I also make sure I don't rub the water off my sensitive dry skin after, I pat it off.) Just a reminder: my body does not react favourably at all to long cold, and wind is one of my main triggers. But short sharp is completely different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back