Not open for further replies.

willowbee221

Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
FL
I was trying to type up this post and somehow got redirected before completing it, but couldn't find it anywhere (sorry if it double posted).

Through my research into ways to live a more natural, chemical free, holistic life, I discovered the amazing world of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. It's not that I don't believe medications work, because some do, but one of the major symptoms of Fibro is chemical sensitivities. Not to mention, the insane side effects and other health issues that go along with medicines, which only compound the situation.

For example, when I take Tramadol it makes me extremely nauseous. So then I have to take Phenergen, Vistaril, Pepto or some other anti-nausea medication. I don't like putting all that crap in my body. I just don't. Some medications we have no choice to take, but if there is a natural alternative for one then I'm all for it.

So what do I do? Well, for starters, I only take pain meds when it's absolutely necessary. So when I take them and inevitably get nauseous, I turn to my Essential Oils. It only takes ONE drop of Peppermint oil rubbed into my abdomen to immediately stop the nausea.

For my constant muscle pains, I use a combination of two different essential oils blends (diluted with Grapeseed oil). The first one contains Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense and Emu Oil. The second one contains Birch, Peppermint, Clove and Helichrysum Blend. It's like the hand of God when the oils touch my muscles. It doesn't remove that deep down tenderness, but it does take away the sharp, stinging aches providing enough relief to let me relax and fall asleep.

There are Essential Oils available for almost any ailment. I encourage everyone with Fibro to at least research the benefits of Essential Oils and discuss it your healthcare provider.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine had suggested that I try using these essential oils and gave me some instructions on their use. Some herbal teas I can use, but found when using the oils themselves I was either allergic to the oils on my skin, or fragrence smell gave me bad headaches. However, I have used mint teas and other herbal plants with limited results.

You are welcome to tell us about your experiences, but please do not add any links to other websites in your posts.

Have a good day. :)

I was trying to type up this post and somehow got redirected before completing it, but couldn't find it anywhere (sorry if it double posted).

Through my research into ways to live a more natural, chemical free, holistic life, I discovered the amazing world of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy. It's not that I don't believe medications work, because some do, but one of the major symptoms of Fibro is chemical sensitivities. Not to mention, the insane side effects and other health issues that go along with medicines, which only compound the situation.

For example, when I take Tramadol it makes me extremely nauseous. So then I have to take Phenergen, Vistaril, Pepto or some other anti-nausea medication. I don't like putting all that crap in my body. I just don't. Some medications we have no choice to take, but if there is a natural alternative for one then I'm all for it.

So what do I do? Well, for starters, I only take pain meds when it's absolutely necessary. So when I take them and inevitably get nauseous, I turn to my Essential Oils. It only takes ONE drop of Peppermint oil rubbed into my abdomen to immediately stop the nausea.

For my constant muscle pains, I use a combination of two different essential oils blends (diluted with Grapeseed oil). The first one contains Spruce, Rosewood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense and Emu Oil. The second one contains Birch, Peppermint, Clove and Helichrysum Blend. It's like the hand of God when the oils touch my muscles. It doesn't remove that deep down tenderness, but it does take away the sharp, stinging aches providing enough relief to let me relax and fall asleep.

There are Essential Oils available for almost any ailment. I encourage everyone with Fibro to at least research the benefits of Essential Oils and discuss it your healthcare provider.

Wow, thanks a lot for sharing this. My mom actually uses pepermint oil to calm her nerves, she also used another oil from a famous brand I just can't mention here, because I don't want to sound like I'm adevertising this. But this oil... OMG..... It's even helped me to calm the awful stomach pain caused by my IBS. Seriously.... it does wonders with neck pain and the back, it comes with a small bottle and is a small pricey, but totally worth it!

By the way, I'm also trying to live drug free and only take pain meds when needed... since I'm already taking meds for other health issues :(

Hi! Thanks for sharing this.

Has anyone else had any success with essential oils? This may be something that I can give my mom as a gift. She will be more likely to try it if I get it for her. I will definitely do more research on this. Is there one particular essential oil that can be used to help sore muscles? I love the idea of trying natural remedies! However, I understand that it IS very difficult living with pain. I know, most people would want to feel better quickly rather than having to wait to see if the oil works or not. I, imagine, if the oil is rubbed directly on the part that hurts, this will help it to work faster.

I appreciate you sharing this ,and I hope it helps my mother!
Missy Bea

MissBea, I know an excellent oil that is sold by a very famous american company. It has helped me to ease the pain caused by fibro and arthritis! Is very strong! It has even helped me with really bad neck pains and IBS stomach pains. Let me know if you are interested, if you want you can send me a PM!

Thanks Trellium. I would love that!
I will send you a PM (as soon as I figure out how!):lol:

-Missy Bea

Trellum,
If you know of a product that might help others on this forum you can name it. I would be interested in hearing about it as well. Keeping it a secert makes it seem like your trying to sell a product. So name it so we all can research it. Okay? :)

1sweed, thanks for clearing that out! I was afraid to name it, because I didn't want to sound like I was promoting it. I'm in no way promoting anything, by the way :) The name of the product is ''tei fu''. It's made by Nature's Sunshine. I use that one, is an oil I rub on the place that hurts... is wonderful! It's even good for the worst of the worst neck pains you guys can ever imagine. It's very potent, so you don't need to apply much. It numbs the area so nicely. I just want to mention all this because I think a lot people in this forum can benefit from this :)

Thank You!

I will definitely be purchasing this for my mom! Honestly, I have body aches occasionally and it may be good to keep handy around the house. Can you purchase it at a local drug store, or does it need to be purchased online? I think my mother will really appreciate *anything* that helps. The medication she takes comes with awful side affects.

Thanks for sharing Trellum!

Missy Bea,
If you do a web search for Nature's Sunshine and also for the product "tei fu", I am sure you will find locations where it can be purchased. Many of the online pharmacies, those that sell natural herbal things would probably carry this.

Thank You!

I will definitely be purchasing this for my mom! Honestly, I have body aches occasionally and it may be good to keep handy around the house. Can you purchase it at a local drug store, or does it need to be purchased online? I think my mother will really appreciate *anything* that helps. The medication she takes comes with awful side affects.

Thanks for sharing Trellum!

Missy, I think there are many different brands, but the one that has worked for me is the Nature's Sunshine one. If it can calm my aches.... it can surely calm yours! You can buy it locally, we found a distribuitor who has a local store where we live. You can find it online, I think. I'd go to the official web site tho, there you can find out where your local distribuitor is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back