Not open for further replies.

RomanAnthonysMama

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
massachusetts
Can anybody suggest some good sleeping positions to me that will help decrease my pain levels in the morning? My pain is always the worst in the morning, especially on my right side. I've found that if I lye on my back, it's way worse in the morning. The left side seems to be a bit better, but I still wish there was a way to sleep that would be less painful in the morning. What works best for you?

I used to hurt on the side I was sleeping on, until I got a memory foam mattress topper for my bed. It's 3 in. thick, and has made a huge difference. I sleep on my side with a pillow between my knees and another pillow for my arm to rest on. I use a thick supportive memory foam pillow for my head.

It may be that getting the mattress topper will help. They cost around $100.

Sleeping sideways with the pillow in between my legs always helps me relieve the pain. I also agree that spending on a good mattress and pillow is worth it. Try looking for those memory pillows because it's said to follow your body contour. I've been using one and I'm satisfied so far.

I like to sleep on my belly most of the time, but that doesn't help a lot with my neck! What I do now is trying to sleep more on my back, I also like to have two pillows one on each side! That helps me a lot. I'm trying to search for more options tho...

I found a sleep number bed on Craigslist, and it was only $200 for a Queen size, everything included. We have had it about 6 years now, and it is the best thing for my back of anything I have ever used.
I am still usually stiff when I first get up, but that is from the lack of circulation , at least I think that is the main part of it. Once I am up and moving around, it is usually much better. I also take a really hit shower, especially when it is cold weather, and that seems to help my blood get to circulating faster.
Of course, then I am ready for a nice cup of hot coffee to get my brain working and ready to face the day.

I was also going to suggest the use of pillows for correct positioning. If on your side, use a pillow between your legs, behind your back, and possibly even to help support your arms. If on your back, a pillow under the lower portion of your legs or even under the lower portion of your back can help.

I usually sleep on one side. If I sleep on my stomach I usually end up with a neck ache as my chin is on the pillow which stresses the neck. Sometimes it helps my back to have a support pillow beneath it though I usually end up putting it beneath my side as that's the position that I end up sleeping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back