Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
After weeks indoors i managed the dentist today even though i was scared.

Those of you i have been exchanging with on various threads will know i have been in a bad way for a long time and i just wanted to say i managed the 25 mile (40km) trip and then a further drive out into the countryside and walk round a garden center for half an hour.

Not exactly anything to brag to normal people about but for me was a major achievement.

For all of you in a bad flare there will be better moments ahead. I am achy but not in agony and that in its self is a blessing.

Gentle Hugs to all you kind people who have listened to me moan and vent in my despair.

That's so fantastic! So happy to hear you had a good day after so many bad ones. Cheering for your better day, willow, and more to come.

Yeah! Breakthrough! That's a Giant step forward.

So happy to hear! This makes my day!

I'm glad you did what you needed to at the dentist and then had a lovely treat. I really enjoy garden centers too :)

Thanks all...not so great this morning but i don't care...it means its possible to have a few hours of pleasure and its a start. I wish you all some hours and days of pleasure and manageable pain. I have appreciated communicating with you all so so much. It has been a life line.

Wouldn't it be great if one day we could all be well enough to meet up and have real gentle hugs!

hi Willow,
you seem like such a sweetheart. im sorry you are struggling. yes, i can really relate to you and your illness.
my teeth are giving me issues too right now, but i havnt been feeling well enough to get in there and get them fixed. i keep waiting for the day that i can get going on that one, but so far, i cant get to that point for some time now. when i do go to the dentist, i am usually sick for a few days after and that happened before i was so bad with fibro. now i expect it will make me sick!
i see you wrote this a few days ago, but i am glad that you found some pleasure still in your life. i used to love to garden and i still love to see gardens. i know there are some lovely ones in the UK.

Thank you Lemonmoon for the compliment....i am a bit short on those lately!

Because i was always a person to cope and be capable i don't think my family realized how much pain i was in and how much effort i put into being positive and happy for them and doing absolutely as much as i could to be normal.

Now i am no longer able to do so much my confidence has plummeted and i feel useless and a burden.

I wish i had friends like some of you nearby.

willow, you may feel like you may no longer be able to do much physically, but you are an encourager on this board.

Thank you dark chocolate...truly i just want you all to be as well as possible and if anything i say helps a tiny bit or means someone makes a good decision that improves their quality of life that means some of my experiences (and mistakes that i have learnt from)have done some good.

Just making it through dental work with fibro can be daunting (I just had a crown put in a couple weeks ago and had to sit in my car for a half hour afterwards while my hands shook like crazy; I didn't trust myself to drive like that), and to get in a half hour walk the same day? You did great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back